Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Dings!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SammyWah
At the office I do just the opposite as most people drive to work by themselves so the passenger door will stay unopened.
I now part are the highest floor at my work where basically no one goes. I am in good company though with a few BMW and Lexus

Old 02-02-2007, 03:54 AM
i get sandwiched between coworkers or sometimes i do something that people probably hate.. i double park.. lol

Old 02-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by douglas555
Okay, so I think my ding is more of a paint scuff from some morons door. What's the best product to use to get that little scuff off? I don't want to ruin the paint.
Thanks.
I am a huge fan of Kit Scratch-out. Available at Wal-Mart and most parts places for less than $3 a bottle.

Heath

Old 02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I feel your pain, hopefully yours is just paint. I got one higher up on the rear quarter panel. Must have been a shopping cart or I don't know what. Unbelievable how ignorant some people can be . Like you said, it would have to have been a pretty hard hit! How stupid and careless can someone be. If I caught someone do it, it would go one of two ways: A: they appologize emphatically and offer to make it like new.(preferred) Or B: I take out my tire iron and more than even the score.(that's assuming they aren't already driving a POS.)

Old 02-02-2007, 01:52 PM
i just got one in the rear bumper too... my license plate is also crooked... bastards

Old 02-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by araBONE
i didnt know that something like that exists
how much and what are the terms?
It was about $650 for a 6 year term. Will get all the facts tonight and post.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingG
I've used a company called "Dent Wizard" before for paintless dent removal. It was quick and "cheap" and you couldn't even tell the door had ever been hit.
I have a 5 yr. protection package that gives me PDR, but I really hope I don't have to use it (didn't really want it in the first place, but g/f and bus. mgr worked against me and then they dropped the price)....knock on wood if it ever happens they could achieve the above.

There is reverse inconsideration--I was in my 98 Maxima, and a 2k5'ish M3 convertible parks right on top of me. It's like the lady parked so close she isn't worried about my passenger dinging her car. I guess she's either rich or leases, but whatever the case she is not worried about her car and busy on the cell.....

Old 02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Hey Douglas! I work at a Body shop, and the Techs there can do door dings without repainting most of the time! Bu using special tools to push out the dent from inside the door! Called "Paintless Dent Repair" Most of the time it comes out pretty Nice, can hardly tell,
I'm a big fan of PDR. There's a guy here in Houston that is a freakin' wizard, he's already pulled a ding out of my G , and several out of the Max and the Sequoia. They just vanish, it's crazy.

Now bear in mind this guy is supposed to be the best in Houston, I tried him after two body shops told me "well, we could fix this, but you really should call Ricky..."

In Houston he's $70 for the first ding, $35 each after.

Good luck!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:26 PM
dent wizard ftw

Old 03-19-2007, 09:46 AM
I got dent and ding policy from my dealer also...they will come to you and repair your problem.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
I'm a big fan of PDR. There's a guy here in Houston that is a freakin' wizard, he's already pulled a ding out of my G , and several out of the Max and the Sequoia. They just vanish, it's crazy.

Now bear in mind this guy is supposed to be the best in Houston, I tried him after two body shops told me "well, we could fix this, but you really should call Ricky..."

In Houston he's $70 for the first ding, $35 each after.

Good luck!
G35Now,

Where is "Ricky" located? I am in Houston also. I do not currently have a ding,, but this sounds like a great contact to have for the future.

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:08 PM
It is about a 3 inch horizontal indentation on my passenger door. It is not scratched. What i thought was a 3 inch scratch actually peeled off.
So I am guessing I have to look for a good dent removal place in Atlanta? IT IS ONLY 6 WEEKS OLD!!!!!.

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! I parked at a Target in Atlanta. A bunch of busy soccer moms and has been soccer moms park here. It was unseasonably cold today(40 degrees in the afternoon). SO I did not park too far away. I switched with my mom and used her Sentra because I had to do an errand mditown/downtown and didn't want my car messed up by mistake or intentionally at one of the parking lots. Well, guess what. THis freaking suburban parking lot ended up causing damage to my car. There was a white Town and Country parked next to my car. Problem is the stuff I peeled off seemed to have a red tinge added to the white stuff too. The lady walked back and saw me in my car. She seemed to be in a hurry to leave, but then I saw her walking in a hurry to the lot too. Also problem is it was damn cold which could have led to her getting into her car in a hurry. I was going to step out and ask her, but she left faster than I thought. But her face didn't seem to show any guilt whatsoever. I left the car in the lot for 90 min, so it could hve been anyone.

That is why I say drive your car as much as you can in the first two years when it is still new. Save on the mileage in the later years if you wish.

ANOTHeR THING THAT ANNOYS ME: I try to park my car, usually, far away at a lot of places. Yet some morons seem to delight in parking next to my car despite so many open spaces closer to the building I am going to. WHAT IS THE LOGIC BEHIND THIS??? ANd it is usually some crappy car.