Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

ZAIO/ZCS for the seasoned Zaino user who already has the older lineup???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZAIO/ZCS for the seasoned Zaino user who already has the older lineup???

hey guys...been using the standard zaino lineup for a few years now (z6,z2,z5). i also use a good shampoo and mfs...yada yada yada.

now for the zaino newbie i'm sure these new products are perfect.
but, i've got all the old supplies i need for my spring detailing session coming up.
anyone here have previous usage such as myself (who now uses zaio/zcs as an add on or replacement) who know if its REALLY worth spending another $50 or so to add this to the lineup? i've read all the processes and such on their site and what can be done...but is it really worth it?
PS: I have a Brilliant Silver G, and while the results are very nice...i've never really seen a "WOW" shine/ depth/ wetness from anything. if i had a darker color perhaps...just dont know if i can get that look from a lighter color.

thanks for the help...as i'm sure there are many others on here that caught onto the zaino craze and are now considering the new products.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I going to use zcs on top of my z5,z2.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 AM
I have posted my experience with ZAIO and ZCS here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/143099-zaio-zcs-session-my-2006-g35-sedan-56k-warning.html

I am a Zaino user as well and was curious how these two would add into my existing system. The answer is quite well. ZAIO is an excellent cleaner. I was surprised how much road grime came off and my pad showed it. ZCS, added that depth that was lacking to either Z2 or Z5 treatment. Z2 and Z5 added a high gloss, but ZCS is something else - it added depth. Plus ZCS has a rated 9 month durability. The secret to using Zaino products is that the paint needs to be perfect to accept that high gloss. If you have embedded subsurface contaminants, swirls, spiderwebbing, etc... the Zaino system will just accentuate the imperfections. ZPC, Z-18 (clay) and ZAIO were big pluses to the formidable line up from Zaino to deal with those imperfections. It was necessary for Sal to add these to the line up. Plus the other benefit is that ZAIO and ZCS plays well with other non-Zaino products - if you were not open to being locked into the Zaino system.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
ZAIO is a good cleaner & gets some minor swirls out. It left my paint super silk. However; I found it was a bi*the to get off. Maybe I used to much. I just put a coat of CS on. I will keep you posted. It is drying as we speak.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by 05GCOUPE6MT
ZAIO is a good cleaner & gets some minor swirls out. It left my paint super silk. However; I found it was a bi*the to get off. Maybe I used to much. I just put a coat of CS on. I will keep you posted. It is drying as we speak.

I forgot to keep you updated. CS su*cks. I would not use it again. Left the pain't looking funny.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I've had nothing but good looks, durability, and ease of use with CS

Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by MidnightG35X
I've had nothing but good looks, durability, and ease of use with CS

Have you looked at your car at night under lights. [street light]. When i look at my car under these conditions i see weird haze patters. I am going to remove the CS today & start from scratch. My friends looked at it last night and told me i had swerls on the car. Weird it was the the CS!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Have you looked at your car at night under lights. [street light]. When i look at my car under these conditions i see weird haze patters. I am going to remove the CS today & start from scratch. My friends looked at it last night and told me i had swerls on the car. Weird it was the the CS!!!
I have looked at them under halogen shop lights. My only guess is that you used too much CS. I've put about 5 layers on my car and others and it barely looks like the bottle has been touched. Apply VERY thin is the only advice I got for you. My car is black too, so I would have been able to see hazing pretty easily.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Na My car is DG. I removed the CS with ZAIO, but could not get all the ZAIO off. It left a resedue. In desperation i used Z5 to see if it would get the rest of the ZAIO off and it did. I put another coat of CS on and it did not look as bad. However; I think you are suppose to put in on with up and down OR left to right applications. Not circular. The funny thing is I noticed the directions on the bottle are a little different then the directions on the website. Take a look.. I still have a few spots that have haze. CS is OK and now that I used ZAIO again I came to the conclusion that it sucked to. I used VERY little ZAIO and had a bi*ch of a time removing. To remove I had to used Z5 and it took off all the residue off from the ZAIO & the haze marks from the CS. The car looks bad *** right now. I will not be using ZAIO and CS again. These products do not come close to the quality of Z5 & Z2. CS should have VERY clear directions and applications procedures. BY ZAINO being so unclear with CS instructions many people will have issues with CS. I now know that the car needs to be optically perfect meaning that all Dirt,prior wax, water or oil must be removed. IF CS picks up the tiniest bit of prior WAX or OIL DIRT from moldings it will cause issues such as HAZE. SO In my eyes an individual would have to spend SO much prep time to get a optically perfect shine it will far exceed the time spent using CS. Black cars will have issued with over-use of CS. Light cars will show haze if the finish is not perfect. Like I said to many IF"S to get a perfect finish. Not worth it in my eyes. I will stay with Z5/Z2....

Last edited by 05GCOUPE6MT; 10-04-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Na My car is DG. I removed the CS with Z5 & the car looks amazing. I put another coat of CS on and it did not look as bad. However; I think you are suppose to put in on with up and down OR left to right applications. Not circular. The funny thing is I noticed the directions on the bottle are a little different then the directions on the website. Take a look.. I still have a few spots that have haze. CS is OK and now that I used ZAIO again I came to the conclusion that it sucked to. I used VERY little ZAIO and had a bi*ch of a time removing. To remove I had to used Z5 and it took off all the residue off from the ZAIO & the haze marks from the CS. The car looks bad *** right now. I will not be using ZAIO and CS again. These products do not come close to the quality of Z5 & Z2. CS should have VERY clear directions and applications procedures. BY ZAINO being so unclear with CS instructions many people will have issues with CS. I now know that the car needs to be optically perfect meaning that all Dirt,prior wax, water or oil must be removed. IF CS picks up the tiniest bit of prior WAX or OIL DIRT from moldings it will cause issues such as HAZE. SO In my eyes an individual would have to spend SO much prep time to get a optically perfect shine it will far exceed the time spent using CS. Black cars will have issued with over-use of CS. Light cars will show haze if the finish is not perfect. Like I said to many IF"S to get a perfect finish. Not worth it in my eyes. I will stay with Z5/Z2....
I'm 99.5% sure that Z5 will not remove CS. Z5 is not a cleaner in any way, shape or form. Z5 will also not remove ZAIO. ZAIO will remove Z5/Z2/CS though because it is actually a cleaner with some sealant properties.

I'm sorry your experience with ZAIO and CS hasn't been good, but my personal experience has been great.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
maybe the z5's solvents are redissolving the CS? Alot of sealants do that

Old 10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by MidnightG35X
I'm 99.5% sure that Z5 will not remove CS. Z5 is not a cleaner in any way, shape or form. Z5 will also not remove ZAIO. ZAIO will remove Z5/Z2/CS though because it is actually a cleaner with some sealant properties.

I'm sorry your experience with ZAIO and CS hasn't been good, but my personal experience has been great.
NO the ZAIO may of took the CS off the car, But then I could not get all the ZAIO off. It left a funny residue. Then in desperation I tried Z5 to see if it would get the rest of the ZAIO off and it did???. Then the paint/finish was perfect.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
maybe the z5's solvents are redissolving the CS? Alot of sealants do that
I thought the whole point of the zaino system (or any layerable sealant) was that you could layer them... aka solvents of the fresh layer don't take off any of the previous layer?

Straight from Zaino CS webpage:

Can Z-CS be layered over Z-2 or Z-5 PRO?
Yes. Our testing has shown excellent results by using Z-CS over layers of Z-2 and/or Z-5 PRO.

Can Z-2 or Z-5 PRO be layered over Z-CS?
Yes, but for maximum gloss and durability, Z-CS should be the final protectant product after new coats of Z-2 and/or Z-5 PRO. Using Z-CS over Z-2 or Z-5 PRO gives you the ultimate in gloss and protection.

Can Z-CS be layered over itself?
Yes, as long as the product is fully dried and cured prior to applying additional layers.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess I don't believe in the whole "layering" phenomenon. Being a chemical engineering, I know how polymers work, and they may be able to resist some solvent effects, but its impossible for them to not be affected to some degree by the solvent. I haven't seen any hard proof that the additional "layering" is actually adding a new monolayer to the top of the previous monolayer of polymer

Old 10-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
I guess I don't believe in the whole "layering" phenomenon. Being a chemical engineering, I know how polymers work, and they may be able to resist some solvent effects, but its impossible for them to not be affected to some degree by the solvent. I haven't seen any hard proof that the additional "layering" is actually adding a new monolayer to the top of the previous monolayer of polymer
I'm electrical, not chemical, so I'm not going to argue chemistry with you My guess would be that while it might not be a 100% new layer (i'm guessing that's what you mean by monolayer), it is a high percentage when you combine them. Hopefully somewhere in the 180% range. Kinda makes sense when you think that they recommend 3 layers... maybe past that you aren't really adding that much because of the previous dissolving of the base layer. But I'll take what the chemical engineer says over me. I'll stick to moving electrons from one place to another, not just atom to atom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ZAIO/ZCS for the seasoned Zaino user who already has the older lineup???