Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

ZAIO/ZCS for the seasoned Zaino user who already has the older lineup???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MidnightG35X
I'm electrical, not chemical, so I'm not going to argue chemistry with you My guess would be that while it might not be a 100% new layer (i'm guessing that's what you mean by monolayer), it is a high percentage when you combine them. Hopefully somewhere in the 180% range. Kinda makes sense when you think that they recommend 3 layers... maybe past that you aren't really adding that much because of the previous dissolving of the base layer. But I'll take what the chemical engineer says over me. I'll stick to moving electrons from one place to another, not just atom to atom
Which is why I would think the CS can be removed by the Z5, especially if its not smooth, and you are rubbing at it to even it out. The solvent along with the shearing of the surface can remove it, even though its possible to layer it. I'm not arguing against layering in general, just that because something says it can be layered doesn't mean the solvent isn't going to redissolve some of the polymer. Try this next time, leave a blob of ZFX cured Z2/Z5 and allow it to harden and cure for a few days, then take that and mix it into some Z2/Z5 without ZFX, and mix it around and let it sit for a while, and see if the blob doesn't soften or completely redissolve into the Z2/Z5.