Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zymol :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2004 | 06:13 PM
Banned
Re: Zymol :)

I just picked up a nice boxed zymol set at Target - 70% off the regular price of $35 for $8.64!! Approx. $50 worth of product.

04, G35C, DG, Prem, Aero, Perf. Tires and wheels. V1

Long Island, New York, USA

Old 01-01-2004 | 06:46 PM
|

Lol, so did I... they had a great sale on it I read about it here on a post actually...

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int, K&N Typhoon CAI, Hyper Grounding Kit, Mtek Xenon Fog/High, Clear corners, Hypers, 18's, Aero, tint, Premium.

Old 01-01-2004 | 06:58 PM
Banned

I just waxed by baby for the 2nd time today. The first was with "Best of Show" wax from griots garage (www.griotsgarage.com). The 2nd was with Zymol "cleaner wax" it goes on and off very easy with not a lot of dusty white residue. The car now has a mirror shine - I'll post some pics tommorrow - any suggestions on how to remove a deep scratch from the rear bumber? or a small scrape on the rim?

04, G35C, DG, Prem, Aero, Perf. Tires and wheels. V1

Long Island, New York, USA

Old 01-01-2004 | 07:04 PM
|

the deep scratch is a tough one, I usually use Maguires scratch-X for surface scratches. For deeper ones you might have to go to a detail shop or a body man. The rim... I am going to a wheel place to get mine repaired, I had a mishap at a walgreens drive thru pharmacy, the darn thing was way narrow.

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int, K&N Typhoon CAI, Hyper Grounding Kit, Mtek Xenon Fog/High, Clear corners, Hypers, 18's, Aero, tint, Premium.

Old 01-02-2004 | 01:28 AM

To all of those in the south Florida area, there is a place in Boca called "The Driver's Seat" that carries Pinnacle products. I've been using their leather conditioner (love the leather smell it actually has in it!). They're a bit pricey, but they have that hard to find stuff, including the 303 Aerospace protectant that everyone seems to like on this board ('been using that stuff too; so far, so good)... NEway, they're located in the Barnes & Noble Plaza on Glades Rd., right off I--95.

*Edit* BTW, I have some samples of that Pinnacle wax from that place that I haven't tried yet, but will soon. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it's probably harder to tell the difference in polishes/waxes on a silver car like mine, so I don't know what to expect w/ that.

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by fldrummer on 01/01/04 10:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-12-2004 | 01:00 AM

I just did a Dawn wash, Clay Magic Clay bar application, Meguire's Polish, and (drumroll...) a coat of that Pinnacle Sovereign wax today. I was amazed at how easy it was to apply and buff off; I only used half the sample I had! Even more amazing was the shine and smoothness--simply amazing! It's hard to judge the shininess on a silver paint job, but my friend and I could definitely see the difference; it was better than the Zymol (btw, his Zymol job on his old truck is holding up pretty well). I've always noticed a smooth-to-the-touch feel of my cars' paint after a wax job, but this was like a whole 'nother world in the smoothness (or should I say "slippery-ness") department; dare I say it's as smooth as ice? I am impressed. I just wish I had a black car to test it on. Unfortunately, by the time we were done, the sun was going down and clouds were rolling in, so I didn't have a chance to take pics. I'll try to tomorrow, if I have time

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/