Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Car Wash Materials

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jtrudeau
I've used nothing but Zaino products from day 1 and I have no swirl marks in my paint and the leather still looks almost new (not bad for a 4 year old car) I clay it 3 times a year and apply 4 coats of the Zaino Z-2. I touch the leather up with there leather cleaner and conditioner every other month (their leather conditioner smells like leather, not chemically or fruity). I also hit the car up with the Z-6 Spray after washing it, helps keep dust from sticking to the car. I use simple green (much better for the environment and will not stain your driveway) to clean my rims from brake dust (not much of a problem now after putting on Hawk APS pads). I also really like the z-16 Tire gloss as it stays on for a long time and does not spin off the tires.

They have a kit that has everything you'll need to get started:
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=20

Get some good quality MF towels for the exterior, cotton diapers cut down work great for cleaning the dash and console (virtually lent free) and a white t-shirt followed by newspaper works best for the windows.

Hope this helps!!
Not a single swirl mark?

Old 05-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Not a single swirl mark?
Well maybe one, but with Brilliant silver, its hard to tell

Old 05-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Well maybe one, but with Brilliant silver, its hard to tell
you must be some kind of car wash god, only 1 swirl mark in 4 years on infiniti's paint? thats better than exotic cars that only get driven 1-2 times a month with high quality paint detailed by high end detailers.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Forgot to mention one detail, its not factory paint. My car was involved in an accident a few months after I bought it and the entire car was repainted beautifully. Which I wasn't thrilled about when it happened, but glad I did because I don't have the soft paint issues that a lot of people have on this board, and I do take extreme car with everthing that I use on my car. I only use extremely soft MF towels with no stiching or labels on them. I only use them a hand full of times and they are machine washed when I am finished. If I drop the towel, I get another one. If I do have a imperfection in the paint I have my friend (who is a pro detailer) come over and hit it with the buffer.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Forgot to mention one detail, its not factory paint. My car was involved in an accident a few months after I bought it and the entire car was repainted beautifully. Which I wasn't thrilled about when it happened, but glad I did because I don't have the soft paint issues that a lot of people have on this board, and I do take extreme car with everthing that I use on my car. I only use extremely soft MF towels with no stiching or labels on them. I only use them a hand full of times and they are machine washed when I am finished. If I drop the towel, I get another one. If I do have a imperfection in the paint I have my friend (who is a pro detailer) come over and hit it with the buffer.
sounds like the zaino didn't do anything then...

Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 PM
sounds like the zaino didn't do anything then...
It's only kept my paint protected except from the elements, the only thing I get buffed out are the light scratches caused from people rubbing things against my paint (shopping carts, etc). If you don't like Zaino then thats perfectly fine, I've just had nothing but positive experiences with it and it is very moderately priced when it comes to higher end detailing supplies.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:23 PM
It's only kept my paint protected except from the elements, the only thing I get buffed out are the light scratches caused from people rubbing things against my paint (shopping carts, etc). If you don't like Zaino then thats perfectly fine, I've just had nothing but positive experiences with it and it is very moderately priced when it comes to higher end detailing supplies.
I have no problems with zaino products either, i do find it funny that you attributed not having a single swirl to using zaino, when it had nothing to do with that.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:15 PM
I have no problems with zaino products either, i do find it funny that you attributed not having a single swirl to using zaino, when it had nothing to do with that.
I should have proof read more, bad placement on my end, what I should have written was my praises about zaino, then then quality towels and washing technique will equal little to no swirl marks as is my case. Zaino does put a nice hard finish on the paint that helps dirt from sticking and most of it washes of with the pre-rinse.