Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Astroshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2004 | 08:29 AM
|
Astroshield

i am trying to decide what to use to protect the paint on my new black sedan. i have been using a product called Astroshield(recommended to me by a Ziebart franchisee) for about 20 years now on all my cars. it's a polymer type product rather than a wax. i have a red 89 iroc ragtop which has been outdoors for most of its life and people comment on how the paint looks like new.

However, i'm always open to new things if they are better. do any of you have experience with Astroshield compared to other common protectants?

One thing i like about it, is since it is not wax you don't ever get a buildup on the paint that needs to be removed. i have never had to compound or claybar my vehicles. just keep applying the Astroshield.

it may be a product that some of you may want to try if you've never heard of, or used it.

04 6MT sedan, black/willow

Old 01-10-2004 | 08:45 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Re: Astroshield

I have used Astroshield in the past as well and like the product. Too bad I have not seen it on the shelves near me for awhile.[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]
It works great. The only challenge is for bodyshops if they have to repaint a car that has been detailed with Astroshield. It soaks through and treats all the way to the metal. So if they do not prepare the car correctly when cleaning, the paint wll not adhere properly.
Good for the owner, bad for the paintshop I guess.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
I wanted to try Astroshield again and also use a pure wax product as a top layer to see the results.
Especially down here in Florida, I don't care what any manufacturer says. Nothing last more than 2 months in the Heat, Sun, Acid Rain and Salt water down here.

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!

Old 01-10-2004 | 03:13 PM

http://www.astroshield.com

And they seem to be having an inventory clearance sale...

Old 01-10-2004 | 05:22 PM
|

merlin,
i'm in florida also and you can get astroshield at most Discount Auto Parts stores (i think they were just bought out and now called Advanced Discount Auto Parts). they didn't stock any for about a year but started again by popular demand. they are the only auto parts store that ever stocked it.

04 6MT sedan, black/willow

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.