Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

My thoughts on Meguiars Scratch X, Gold Class leather conditioner and cloths

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My thoughts on Meguiars Scratch X, Gold Class leather conditioner and cloths

Well I've had a few scratches on my car since ive owned it for 8 months and recently came across Scratch X. Decided to try some out today after a manual wash with Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash.

Since I live in a Muslim country my ale of choice today was Timbalands latest cd lol! Anyways using Scratch X on a 100% terry cloth towel is the ideal choice. The towel is light and allows you to really rub in the scratch x and burns your *** in the process. This application is really hard work and thats what you really need to remove the scratched. I rubbed it over and over with enough intensity to shake my car

In the end all 5 scratches and color spots were gone. I ended up waxing with Meguiars Classic Carnauba Wax in the end with a 100% terry towel.

I have to mention the leather conditioner because today is the first time i applied it with a terry cloth (used a regular tshirt before) and the results were amazing. The cloth really lets you work in the conditioner and leaves a shiny finish (wipe off the residue with a clean terry cloth).

I didn't take pics yet because i will be applying the meguiars 3 step classic deep crystal system next week.

Cliff notes: Rub the scratch x in hard enough that you shake your car - the only way to get the most of this product. Use a 100% terry cloth when applying products also!

Old 06-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so microfiber isnt effective with scratch x?

Old 06-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I actually tried that but microfiber soaked up the Scratch X faster. I used the MF towel in the end to wax the car. On the other hand, the terry towel dont soak up the scratch x but rather lets your work the product into the car.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
thats wut i was doing wrong then.....I tried scratch x before a zaino job w/ a microfiber towel and that thing did nothing. So i threw the towel and scratch x in the garbage since i was pissed. Meguiars should put some type of label/warning saying rub into car as if you were trying to make a dent for best use.....or something along those lines.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:55 PM
should the same process be used for plastx as well?

Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
i agree, it takes some strength to get the ScratchX to properly do its job, i used a hand applicator with the White cutting pad, i purchased from Detailedimage.com, i was disappointed to see that it doesnt work well with noticeable scratches but does a good job on light swirls.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dream_G35
thats wut i was doing wrong then.....I tried scratch x before a zaino job w/ a microfiber towel and that thing did nothing. So i threw the towel and scratch x in the garbage since i was pissed. Meguiars should put some type of label/warning saying rub into car as if you were trying to make a dent for best use.....or something along those lines.
LMAO!!! For scratches and what not try that nu finish scratch remover. It is actually a really good "over the counter" scratch remover. If you lived closer i would let you use my porter cable buffer...but you dont

-Sean