Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

ZAINO LEATHER IN A BOTTLE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ZAINO LEATHER IN A BOTTLE

I don't think any product truly does that (soften the leather without leaving it feeling greasy) At least none that I've ever tried.

Most products simply lull you into thinking your leather is softer and more supple, when in actuality it's just greasy like a Jerry Curl.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Want to know what really is the best thing for cleaning leather? Saddle soap. It cleans it quite deeply... this stuff is made to take off the grime that horseback riders get out in the woods, etc. That will clean-- but conditioning is another thing (and another product).

I personally use Eagle One two step. You spray the cleaner, buff it quite a bit, and it'll REALLY get the grime. Next, use the conditioner. Two-in-one products don't really work as well... anyway, the conditioner is excellent as well. And it smells like LEATHER, not like a cover-up smell that comes with some other products. Remember to try and stay away from two-in-ones. You can either clean with a product, or you can condition. You can't do both the best.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 02-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's good advice GeoBau, they used to make saddle soap in a foam, you have to be careful if you add the water yourself though! And, definitely, no two in one product is a good idea! You know, one EagleOne product I found great, is the 20/20 Glass Cleaner, much better than most, I mnay check out the leather products too now!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 02-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well what the hey, I'll chime in on this one, since I'm a big believer in Zaino products. (You can stop reading now if you don't want to hear a positive comment).
I've had my G coupe for a full year now. We bought a loaded Accord V6 for my wife a short while before that. Since I had bought some Mother's cleaner and Mother's conditioner, I decided to continue using it on the Accord, and my G got the Zaino cleaner and Zaino conditioner. Quite frankly, the two leathers started out with a very similar feel, the cars have seen about the same use, and the leather in the G now both looks cleaner and better (G willow, Accord tan), feels better, and as an added bonus, everyone that gets in loves the smell. There is only one thing that will soften the leather- use. Think about a ball glove or goalie's catcher mitt (I played nets myself).
I think as far as cleaning and conditioning the Zaino really works.
As for the tire dressing- Normally I wash the car in the evening, then I put on two coats of dressing, then wait till morning to drive. The stuff looks great, but most importantly, stays looking good for a few weeks. I've used it on all the trim, and the door seals, and all are still like new.
One guys opinion- highly recommended.

DB