Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

lots of questions and pics!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Redlude this is the second time you have recommended using items that don't
apply to the issues at hand. Why would you use fabric cleaner on leather?
His seats show natural wear but just need to be cleaned by a "Leather Cleaner!" I use Zymol leather cleaner followed by their leather conditioner.
This is really quality stuff but it's available at your local Target store in the
automotive department. Follow the instructions using a soft cloth to apply
and buff off.......don't ever use a brush on leather!
If you have ever read the bottle, you would know that it works perfectly fine on vinyl, which 70% of our seats are made of. Even the leather seating areas are vinyl coated like 99% of the automotive leather used in car upolstery. What makes you think your turtle wax rebranded cleaner is any better at cleaning vinyl? Also, if you've never used a brush to clean leather, then you've never REALLY cleaned a dirty leather interior. A soft cloth will NEVER agitate the surface enough to emulsify the dirt in the creases and pores. There is a reason they make products like this Leather & Vinyl Scrub Brush. Its also recommended by many of the top detailers on autopia including in their guide to detailing http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detai...detailing.html. Wiping down with towels is fine and dandy or leather maintainence, but to deep clean leather, an interior scrub brush is absolutely needed. So explain to me how my suggestions don't apply...

Old 10-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude, ur seats look like a slightly dirtier version of mine. I don't quite have the blackness on the seats yet, but i have that tear, that black thing by the tear, and that black scuff mark on the seat! Same color too, letme know if you used that product yet to clean it or not.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Asad_A203
dude, ur seats look like a slightly dirtier version of mine. I don't quite have the blackness on the seats yet, but i have that tear, that black thing by the tear, and that black scuff mark on the seat! Same color too, letme know if you used that product yet to clean it or not.
i used the mr. clean magic eraser (original)

wes:
hey sean how did you use it on the seats?

Sean:
I just took the pads, soaked them in hot water, squeezed most of the hot water out so the pad is just damp (keep doing that dont let the eraser get dry) and then scrubbed the seats. Just as though you were going to wax the car with a little wax applicator.

Wes:
did you wipe the seats with a rag befor puting the leather conditioner?

Sean:
I did them in sections...i did like the bottom part of the seat first and did it in 2 halfs. So i did the right side bottom first and then the left side bottom. Be sure you have a dry rag so you can wipe away the extra water...because that water is dirty and will settle back into the leather. The only thing i wouldn't use them on is the dash or any consul peices, but the doors, seats, seat belt pillars it works wonders!

then use Lexol leaather conditiomer after

Last edited by Beebo; 10-21-2007 at 05:06 PM.