Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

anyone use Mr. Clean AutoDry?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone use Mr. Clean AutoDry?

how is it? is it worth buying

Old 03-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Re: anyone use Mr. Clean AutoDry?

just got my two $5 off coupons in the mail yesterday. The starter pack is 19 bucks at walmart, but the filter is olny good for 3 washes. I didnt check the prices for refills, but its about the same price as a drive thru car wash but slower. Im going to try it out though.

On a side note, the Infiniti dealership in Indy has free hand carwashes on Saturdays and I thought i would give it a shot. Worst carwash I have ever seen. Looks like they took a sponge and made one swipe down the side of the car and then rinsed it. Took a half an hour waiting too, and then I had to pay for a regular car wash because it looked so pathetic.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:59 AM

Yes, it works well. Check here for more discussion.

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

Old 03-10-2004, 12:01 PM

Forgot to mention--at my local Target the soap refills are $5 and the filter refills are $6 (I could have gotten that backwards). They're supposed to last 10 washes, but I haven't confirmed that yet.

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

Old 03-10-2004, 12:37 PM

yes, the stuff is called jet dry, it has been used in dishwashers for many years now. If you take the liquid jet dry and put it in a garden sprayer that attaches to your hose you will get the same results.
Think about it, this is the stuff you put in the dishwasher to keep from getting spots on your glassware. Trick is you don't really need a filter. Do you have a filter on your dishwasher?
http://www.jet-dry.com/

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 03-10-2004, 01:32 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's just coming on the market up here now. Looks good and I can't wait to try it.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 03-10-2004, 02:33 PM

ive used it last weekend...

its pretty simple and i didint get a spot...
what i did notice was that you have to rinse the car extremeley well. once it dried i noticed that the car was kinda filmy...make sure when u are rinsing..use the hose on FULL blast.

it seems like its worth it..i just drove around the block and my car was spotless. the refills dont seem too expensive either. the money you pay it worth the time saved drying and the possibility of spots.

i will try it again this weekend...and let u guys know

Old 03-10-2004, 04:58 PM

I tried it on my black coupe and I'm pretty happy with it, saved alot of my drying time.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:19 PM

I use that California Squeegee thing. Cost me $12, leaves no spots, and cuts drying time in half! Go over the car with the squeegee once, then wipe down with lint-free towel or chamois, and you're done!

'04 DG Coupe

Old 03-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

if the results look as good as they do in the commercials, i might try out mr. clean. it would definitely cut down how much time i spend washing.

rieskame... i haven't tried D&R indy's saturday carwashes, but they have washed my car twice -- once when i bought the car (looked REALLY good, but they had a detailer do it and not their saturday carwash guy) and again, when i had some service done (they washed it without me telling them). it looked nice from afar, but when you got up close, it was not as clean as i wanted it. also, they did a better job on the rims than they did the body. but, eh, afterall, it is free, so i don't expect good quality.

c_lawd... i have the california water blade too! $9.96 at sam's club. does a great job and drying is so much quicker.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 03-16-2004, 10:28 AM

Works great here on my TB sedan. No spots and the less I have to touch it the less swirls I get!

Old 03-16-2004, 03:13 PM

Best.

Thing.

Ever.

2004 Twilight Blue Coupe
6 spd
Premium Package
Aero Package

Old 03-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Registered

man..i was wondering if this stuff works..sweet..now I can go out and try it..thanks all

Old 03-22-2004, 02:12 AM

works exactly as described. i washed my car in the sun and it was pretty windy. the trick is to keep the entire car wet at all times, if possible. so i would wash one section with soap, then go over the entire car again with 'rinse'. then just use the 'de-ionized' water at the end and cover all areas. it didn't dry as fast as i wanted, but it dried w/o spots. no need to do windows. i'll prolly try it with another soap next time, then i can just buy replacement filters.

you have to keep in mind that the directions state to wash the car in the shade. so in my opinion, the product works as advertised, even in the sun.

oh, i got it for $10. got my two coupons in the mail. went to jewel to get a price adjustment, they didn't markup the receipt. so i went to another jewel and got $5 more.

2003 G35 Sedan
{21%_Tints} {Matte_Finish_Race_Pedals} {Black_w/Graphite_Leather} {Premium_Pkg.} {Sport_Tuned} {Winter-Sport} {Navigation} {Xenon} {Sunroof} {Aero-Body_Kit_w/Spoiler} {Trunk_Mat}

Old 03-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there some sort of indicator telling you the filter is depleted? I looked at this at Target the other day, and it simply says, "When the filter is used up, spots will occur" So, you have to wait and see it spotted the car before knowing? That's BS!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone use Mr. Clean AutoDry?