Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

micro fiber towels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2004 | 04:43 PM
|
micro fiber towels

Are these towels safe for use on the G? will they leave swirls after use? are these towels for cleaning? drying? buffing?

2003 G35 Coupe - Ivory Pearl w/ Willow Interior - Premium Package - Sport Package

Old 03-22-2004 | 05:19 PM
Re: micro fiber towels

I just purchased a couple for my Spring cleaning and waxing of my car.....
It seems that they have several types for different purposes..
I bought two for detailing/buffing
and I bought another for waxing/polishing....
They seem different textures....but I will see just how well they perform...

I know from using my towels that I now have a lot of swirl/scratches in the finish of my car....I don't think its possible to keep that from happening...the more you clean...the more the chance of swirl/scratch marks....

After I wash/clay bar/polish/wax my car I'll post my results of the perfomance of these towels....<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 03-22-2004 | 05:48 PM

microfiber towels are great, i use them for everything. There are different grades of quality though. They say the best ones are made in Korea. The waffle weave ones are good for wiping down since they absorb alot of water. The thick plush ones are good for waxing/polishing since they are super soft and pickup up all the dust. The thing about microfiber towels is that you have to care for them to keep them in good condition. Wash only by themselves (no non-microfiber towels) or they will pick up lint. use only mild liquid detergent with no bleach or fabric softeners. and dry them using only air fluff or the lowest heat setting or the fibers will melt and get rough.

Old 03-24-2004 | 11:45 PM

here's a link to my sponsor, ProWax.

MicroFiber Towels

They also recommend that you use, say blue ones for glass, green for body... and never mix the two. I use a CLEAN chamois to get the heavy water off. I then use a leaf blower to get the water out of the crevises. Finally the micro-fibers to finish/polish or buff out wax or spray on polishes (I personally use the Proactive after washing and Wipeout after driving to shows/meets)

'03 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 03-25-2004 | 11:07 AM

I think you have to be very careful using a leafblower to dry your car. Chances are slim but you might get some dirt and dust in the tube while in storage or you might suck it up and then give your car some nice little pits.

For the best microfiber towels, IMHO, try Pakshak.com. Tell Ranney that al503 sent you for prices much lower than what's listed on his website.