Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Little help with porter cable!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
As a rule of thumb you want to always start with the least aggressive combo and work your way up. If you swirls aren't horrific, start with the SIP on a white pad on a small section and see how that looks. If it doesn't quite do the trick then do the orange pad with the SIP. Just use a dime size amount of polish and with the machine OFF be sure to smear it around the section you will be polishing, otherwise it will splatter everywhere. Once it's smeared around turn the pc on 3 and work it around for like 10 seconds. They turn it to 5 or 6 and SLOWLY make overlapping motions and then side to side. I do this with my UDM for about 3 minutes then I slow it down to 4 or 5 and will do one more minute. Wipe it off and see how it looks. Make sure you tape all the molding or door handles on the car as you don't want to mess them up with polish. Menzerna finishes VERY nicely and you don't always have to polish it again with a finer polish, depending on your color. For sure wash the car when done because as you will see Menz creates a lot of dusting that gets everywhere. It would be nice if you had a nice high quality sealant for when you're done polishing. NXT is really more of a wax than a sealant and will last a few weeks where as a good sealant will last easily a couple months. Just take your time. Good luck.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:20 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by never gone
As a rule of thumb you want to always start with the least aggressive combo and work your way up. If you swirls aren't horrific, start with the SIP on a white pad on a small section and see how that looks. If it doesn't quite do the trick then do the orange pad with the SIP. Just use a dime size amount of polish and with the machine OFF be sure to smear it around the section you will be polishing, otherwise it will splatter everywhere. Once it's smeared around turn the pc on 3 and work it around for like 10 seconds. They turn it to 5 or 6 and SLOWLY make overlapping motions and then side to side. I do this with my UDM for about 3 minutes then I slow it down to 4 or 5 and will do one more minute. Wipe it off and see how it looks. Make sure you tape all the molding or door handles on the car as you don't want to mess them up with polish. Menzerna finishes VERY nicely and you don't always have to polish it again with a finer polish, depending on your color. For sure wash the car when done because as you will see Menz creates a lot of dusting that gets everywhere. It would be nice if you had a nice high quality sealant for when you're done polishing. NXT is really more of a wax than a sealant and will last a few weeks where as a good sealant will last easily a couple months. Just take your time. Good luck.
What sealant would you recomend???