Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What wax do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What wax do you recommend?

I just bought a new G35 Journey (Rosewood, Premium, Nav and Technology) with the Ivory Pearl exterior and will pick it up tomorrow. One of the first things I want to do is give it a good coat of wax. What brand or product do you recommend? Thanks. BTW, I'M EXCITED!!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Old 04-27-2008, 03:28 PM
I've been using the Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax, and so far i'm happy with it.... I love how smooth it feels after a wax...

Old 04-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's what I do...

Put on a coat of Klasse SG, wait overnight, then put another coat on.

Then, every six months do: One coat Klasse AIO, wait overnight, one coat of Klasse SG, wait overnight, second coat of Klasse SG.

That's it.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JMZ_blkobsidian
Put on a coat of Klasse SG, wait overnight, then put another coat on.

Then, every six months do: One coat Klasse AIO, wait overnight, one coat of Klasse SG, wait overnight, second coat of Klasse SG.

That's it.
^ what he said, With a new car, your finish is already in good shape, so any quality wax should give you the results your looking for. Ivory Pearl isn't a color that really "mirrors" reflections like black....but with some patience you can achieve some success.
Heres my Ivory Pearl after Klasse AIO, followed by Sealant Guard, and to put another "pop" into the equation, put a top coat of P21S Carnauba wax, either that or S100. Really adds to the jetting factor to make the paint look wet.

Last edited by GR8TG35; 04-27-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
GR8TG35, are all of these Klasse products?

Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I used a combo deal, I'm insane OK. I started with a McGuire's polish, the next day I used McGuire's gold paste and a couple days later I put a coat of NXT on top of that.

No, did not drive the car in-between wax applications, it was in the garage the whole time.

The NXT is the easiest on/off I have ever used and no powder residue.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's some more info...

Originally Posted by CDreier
The Klasse AIO (All-In-One) and Klasse SG (Sealant Glaze) are effectively paint sealants, not waxes. They have incredible (IMO) durability and provide very good paint protection. You must remember to first use Klasse AIO as a cleaner to remove any previous application of sealant or wax. Since your car is new, it wouldn't have any wax unless the dealer put some on during prep (I don't know how common that is...my car was totally unprepped when I got it).

You can put a wax over a sealant. Many members here like to add wax (e.g. the P21S recommended by the other poster) on top of Klasse products to provide extra depth and luster. None of the waxes will last very long, but will provide some better appearance above and beyond the sealant-type products. BTW, do not put sealant over wax.

As I mentioned, I just use Klasse AIO and SG. I got them from detailedimage.com, a sponsor of G35driver, but I'm sure other sites sell them. You probably won't find them in brick'n'mortar stores. The detailedimage folks are also great about answering questions over the phone. Finally, note that the Klasse products are not cheap, but they do go a long way because you use such small quantities during each application.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CDreier
The P21S or S100 are carnauba wax, not a synthetic sealant. They are sold separately, and run about $31 for the P21S, and about half that price for the S100,( S100 is usually carried in Motorcycle shops).

They do not last too long, maybe four to six weeks. I use them as an added boost to the Klasse finish and shine.

In Between applications I use SONUS Acrylic Spritz if I'm only using Klasse products. It contains the same ingredients as the Klasse line, and helps to add additional layers of protection between applications and washes.

I use the SONUS Carnauba Detail Spray when I top the Klasse products with a wax such as P21S.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Klasse AIO + SG would look great on your car. Topping it with something like P21S or S100 would be very nice.

I think AIO + 4* UPP would be the best combo for your car. It is incredibly slick and would really make it pop. The downside would be that UPP isn't as durable as SG.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zaino would be another sealant to look into with excellent durability. I've heard excellent things for both Zaino and Klasse. Still trying to decide which sealant to use, I'll probably pick Zaino because that is more readily available nearby, but for you that should be no problem.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jl114
Zaino would be another sealant to look into with excellent durability. I've heard excellent things for both Zaino and Klasse. Still trying to decide which sealant to use, I'll probably pick Zaino because that is more readily available nearby, but for you that should be no problem.
You can find Zaino locally?

Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
A suggestion

If you have not picked up your car yet, you may not want the dealer to do anything to it (wash, wax, etc).

Then when you get it home, wash and claybar the car. Then apply polish then wax to protect the finish.

You are probably asking yourself, why would anyone claybar a brand new car? The answer is rail dust and other contaminents. The car has been shipped from Japan, then shipped by either rail or truck to the dealer then may sit on the dealer lot.

That is plenty opportunity for these air bourne particles to settle on the car. Add to that the dealer assigning someone to wash your car with the same dirty water and soap he (she) has been using all day, or run it through a car wash and then apply "wax" to it. The result is swirl marks on your brand new car.

OK, call me ****, the bottom line is that the potential for the dealer to put swirl marks on your car is pretty good.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I just ordered the Klasse AIO, Klasse SG and P21S wax from detailedimage.com. BTW, picked up the car about 2 hours ago. It's too beautiful to drive - should be under lights on a stage someplace.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Congrats on the car. You'll enjoy those products...and you need to post some pics!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What wax do you recommend?