Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

first clay bar experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first clay bar experience

So I bought the maguiers starter clay bar kit to clay my car. I figured this would be a good idea of what it takes to clay a car properly. I read reviews on the product and it seemed pretty fool proof. So in deciding I figure I would do it today seeing how it was raining this morning and its been overcast all day and I knew the rain wouldnt come through because its already passed so off I went.

Cleaned and wash the car with the new techniques I have learnd from this board and Detailed image. AFter washing the first round I clayed the car. Nervous at first but learned loob is your friend. I may have used to much loob but I rather use to much than to little and ruin the paint. My what a job it did. The paint has never been so smooth and looked great. I was suprised at a few spots that were so dirty but the others I wasnt.

After the clay I went ahead and washed it again. This was a tip I pickd up from a couple of the members due to the loob being left on the car prewax and not wanting that on there. But it seems the maguire loob I used is some sort of wax as well. Because when I went to spray the car all the water went right to little puddles. Amazingly looked so good. So washed it again then waxed it with maguires wax that came with it.

I normally use turtle wax but figured I try this now since I have a clean car...

I am very impressed with the results the car is ultra clean and looks great. I even broke out an old tooth brush to clean the insides of my OEMs..Overall pleased my back isnt though. I guess thats what 3 hours of bending over/scrubbing will do...

Unfortunetly no pics due to lack of digi cam but will try to snap some tom at work...

speical thanks to:
shane for giving me some good tips
and detailed image's website

cliff notes
clay bar ftw
wax ftw

Old 05-20-2008, 07:29 PM
congrats! I remmember when i first clayed my G. I was so happy after, my paint was beautifull again.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah the QD that come's with the kit has carnuba in it. Good now you just need to polish the car.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm addicted to clay-barring my car. I do it at least every other month if not more. I just don't want that smoothness to go away.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:57 AM
meguiars makes good stuff. good choice. next time instead of washing your car again you can use a cleaner polish or you can spray a 50/50 mix of water and alcohol. if you like the meguiars products look into getting some last touch detail spray or final inspection detail spray. you can dilute them 1:1 for a clay lube. you will get more product for less money.