Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Dodo Juice at DetailedImage.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

We placed our first order many weeks ago and it has finally cleared customs and is due to arrive in just a couple of days. We are extremely excited to carry this very exclusive and high quality brand from the UK. Dodo Juice specializes in hand pouring extremely high quality waxes. These waxes contain highly refined premium carnauba wax and other color charged natural ingredients (i.e. yellow bees wax, white bees wax, candelilla wax, coconut oil, montan wax, almond oil, jojaba oil, orange oil, etc.) that maximize each unique paint color. These ingredients help provide dramatic gloss and depth on varying color paints. Dodo Juice selectively uses certain ingredients in their vast array of waxes to maximize the shine of different colored paints. Dodo Juice makes eight variations of these waxes with four hard and four soft waxes, so you can easily apply the product as you desire. Choose soft waxes if you like using your bare hands or the hard waxes for hand applications with an applicator pad. For example if you have black paint and prefer to use your bare hands try the Dodo Juice Blue Velvet. This soft wax uses montan wax, jojaba oil and of course premium carnauba wax to highlight the black paint. Here is a link to the Dodo Juice Wax Chart that outlines which waxes work best with your particular colored paint. We also offer a four pack of sample sizes of all four hard waxes, all four soft waxes and one sample pack with all eight waxes.

Dodo Juice also makes three other premium waxes that are extremely popular including the Rubbish Boys Wax, Double Wax and the one and only Supernatural. These waxes offer extraordinary shine, depth, gloss and clarity that usually cost far more. The Supernatural is the top wax that has gained world wide fame for it's remarkable results. It is simply one of the absolute best waxes ever created. Dodo Juice also makes a very impressive auto shampoo, all in one (chemical polish with wax), chemical polish and chemical polish with light abrasives. The entire line of Dodo Juice waxes are some of the best we have ever tested and we can't wait for you to experience these outstanding products. Don't just take our word for it check out some reviews about the Dodo Juice products from other car clubs, associations, magazines, etc. in our Dodo Juice Press Release.

We are very excited to share these products with the detailing community and we look forward to hearing from you as well. We will also make a post the day the products are available for purchase. Please check out our Dodo Juice informational page for some more details about the brand and products. We'll have more information, product descriptions and pictures in the coming days. If you have any questions or would like product recommendations please let me know.

George

Old 08-28-2008, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George you've got my interest...but they almost have too many choices. I like how they break down by color, but then there is some generals too? Can you compare this to some of your other products? Say how its different than P21s and Natty's?

Old 08-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
George you've got my interest...but they almost have too many choices. I like how they break down by color, but then there is some generals too? Can you compare this to some of your other products? Say how its different than P21s and Natty's?
As of right now, I've only personally used Supernatural and I've been blown away by its characteristics. It's very easy to work with (applying and removing), it leaves the paint looking dripping wet, beading is super tight and very uniform when it gets wet, maintenance is very easy after it's been applied, and durability seems to be great for a carnauba wax. Once I get our shipment in, I'll be sampling the rest of the waxes so I can give some real comparisons. Supernatural will definitely be the best wax we sell. I've used some waxes that cost upwards around $2000 (Zymol Vintage) and Supernatural is the best bang for the buck, premium wax I've used to date.

For Ivory colored G's you'd be looking at either Light Fantastic as the soft wax or Diamond White as a hard wax. The difference between the two is that the soft wax can be applied via hand (literally with your hands) or with a foam applicator and can offer a slightly deeper and wetter look. Hard waxes are applied with a foam applicator pad and allow for applying thinner applications, which often cure slightly faster and can potentially last a little longer.

You could also go with either of the waxes that were designed for any color or of course try Supernatural.

I'll keep you updated once I get a chance to use the various waxes.

Cheers,

George

Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 PM
what kinda price range will the super natural be in?... i just got the 50/50, its a nice wax, easy to use....but ive come to the conclusion i like the dripping wet look and was considering giving the petes 53 a shot...or not perhaps this supernatural...

Old 09-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Supernatural in the wooden pots will be $199.99 and comes with a refill option through Dodo Juice at a reduced price. We'll also be getting in another version of Supernatural with our second order priced lower, without the wooden container and no reduced refills. I believe they will be priced at $129.99.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

George

Old 09-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
I agree that there is a lot of different "base range" Dodo Juice waxes, and one of the reasons is because there is no dubious marketing behind them.

With in the base range of waxes, there is eight selections split into two categories. Hard Wax and Soft Wax. This is a matter of texture (and to a much lesser degree content). Unlike some compaines whose claim is that the wax has to be "melted on by hand", Dodo Juice is pretty honest. Soft waxes have slightly more oil and can be applied by hand (as in rubbed into the paint with your bare hands). The Hard Waxes have a firmer texture and work well when using an applicator (because they apply so thinnly).

The softer waxes may produce a slightly wetter look because of the added oil content, harder waxes may be slightly more durable, but over all your preference should guide the decision. Hand applied love and a great feel, or sterile and precise... The same great results either ways!

In these two categories, there are 4 different wax types.

The Base Wax (Rain Forrest Rub or Hard Candy)- This is the base forumulation of all the base range waxes. These waxes look amazing on all colors are really bring out the depth and clarity in metallic flake paints.
It features a very high carnuaba content.

The Warm Waxes (Orange Crush and Banana Armour)- If you look at the dubious marketing schemes some other brands you will see that they offer an "Italian" wax, designed for exotics such as Lamborghini and Ferrari paint. The only problem is that Ferrari has used 3 different paint manufacturers in the last 10 years and currently uses PPG Cermaclear (used first on GERMAN paint systems such as Mercedes Benz). So if I have a new Ferrari do I want an Italian wax even though I have German designed paint made by an American company? What if I have a Lamborghini (which uses an Audi based paint system)? Should I get Italian wax or German wax? How about if I have a Alfa/Fiat/Maserati....

The point is there is no such thing as Italian paint and no wax that be formulated for it. It is a global market and where the paint is made, sprayed, or mixed makes no difference. However what color are MOST Italian cars? Red, followed by yellow.

By changing the oil content of the wax slightly, you can optimize a wax range to give a slightly more color range to certain hues. The only difference is that Dodo Juice seems to be honest about this and doesn't charge more because you might use your wax on something with a Prancing Horse on the badge(speaking of which, what if you used Italian wax on a Ford Mustang?).

Light Colored Car Range (Diamond White and Light Fantastic)-

Again similar to companies that offer waxes for GERMAN cars (which are mostly silver), Dodo Juice offers a wax that will slightly compliment the color range of lighter hues (though still look deep and wet on any color). Because the oils and ingredients increase the clairty of the paint, light colored waxes tend to increase or "pop" metal flake.

Dark Colored Waxes (Purple Haze and Blue Velvet)-

Deep colored oils are added to increase the depth and jetting of the reflections. The same priniciples as other compaines, just a more honest and slightly less romantic explanation (with out the varying price hikes).

Super Natural is a price is no object, extremely high carnauba content wax with all the exotic ingredients and careful blending required to compete (and beat IMO) waxes that cost 80x's more. And by cost I mean the price the consumer pays, as Super Natural is equal to any wax in terms of refinement, content, and precision, it just doesnt have 1000% mark up (maybe it should?).

Old 09-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Dodo Juice is now up on our site and in stock. If anyone has any questions on anything, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Enjoy!

George

Old 09-05-2008, 08:35 PM
damn, wish this stuff would have came out last week when i placed my order, im tired of paying shipping... i saw the prices for the supernatural, the 30 ml at 29.99 is basicly like a sample size right?....thats about 1 oz? correct?.....

Old 09-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by bigugly78cj5
damn, wish this stuff would have came out last week when i placed my order, im tired of paying shipping... i saw the prices for the supernatural, the 30 ml at 29.99 is basicly like a sample size right?....thats about 1 oz? correct?.....
Yep. If you apply it thinly with an applicator pad, you should be able to get a decent amount of uses with it (at least 10). If you opt for the (literally) hand application, you'll probably get between 3 - 5 applications.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

George