Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Menzerna

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Menzerna

Has anyone used PO106FA Nano Polish on there vehicle? I just polished up my car with Menzerna Final Polish and it looks AMAZING. Just wondering if i'll see a difference if I finish it off with the Nano... maybe with a black pad? Or should I stick with the white....

Thanks

Old 08-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
a) The use of a duel level foam pad (primary / secondary) / single polish correction system; will change the way each polish works in accordance to which pad you use (i.e. use a polishing pad followed by a finishing pad) and will really heighten the paint finish shine.

b) For most paint correction use *PO 106 FA / 106 FF a Lake County (LC) White or Orange and PO 85 D3.01 polish with a (LC) Blue foam pad at 1000 RPM should be all you need.

c) For paint renovation use PO S34A Power Gloss (LC Purple wool pad 1500 – 1800 RPM).
It has a short work time, slow cut but tends to ‘dust’ a light mist of water or pad conditioner before each 2x2 section should avoid this

Old 08-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Final Polish should be all you will need. TheCeramic Clearcoat Polish has slightly more cutting power than the FP and the Nano is fairly similiar. If you already have the FP and don't need anymore cutting power, you might want to look at a nice glaze or wax to add the final pop and finish you want.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just bought the 106FA but i have not had the chance to use it yet. Sounds like Menzerna might be phasing out 106ff. George (detailed image) told me that it has the same amount of cutting power as 106ff, but a longer work time and dusts less than 106ff.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by InLU
I just bought the 106FA but i have not had the chance to use it yet. Sounds like Menzerna might be phasing out 106ff. George (detailed image) told me that it has the same amount of cutting power as 106ff, but a longer work time and dusts less than 106ff.
Yep 106FF/106FA are nearly identical formulations with minor differences. Most detailers wouldn't even notice to be honest.

Originally Posted by Skroopie
Has anyone used PO106FA Nano Polish on there vehicle? I just polished up my car with Menzerna Final Polish and it looks AMAZING. Just wondering if i'll see a difference if I finish it off with the Nano... maybe with a black pad? Or should I stick with the white....

Thanks
If you buffed the car with Final Polish and a white pad and you were looking for increased depth and gloss, you could finish down with a finer polish and a finer pad to achieve that. PO106FA on a blue pad, would give you more depth and gloss in the paint than Final Polish II on a white pad. Another option would be PO85RD and a blue pad, which is even finer than PO106FA. Keep in mind, when using a blue pad with either of these polishes, it will probably not remove any more imperfections in the paint, just enhance the finish.

If you had extra pads around, you could do a panel with Final Polish and a black or blue pad just to see if you notice a difference. The finer polishes will give it a deeper and wetter look, but you can still get an idea just by using a finer pad with the polish you've already used.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

George