Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

free eagle one nanowax at pep boys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
free eagle one nanowax at pep boys

i was just looking around online and came across the pep boys site somehow, so i put in my zip code (08816) and saw they have a bunch of deals this week on car care stuff. i looked through it and they have eagle one nanowax for $9.99 with a 9.99 mail-in rebate. i don't know if this is true for all pep boys, i guess you'll have to check your zip code, but the one in east brunswick, nj is having this deal through tomorrow june 26th if anyone wants to check it out.

i havent heard much about this wax since its pretty new, but if it's free why not give it a try..

Jeff - Look for me in the black G
2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash

Old 06-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Re: free eagle one nanowax at pep boys

Deal is good in Jax, FL. Anyone used this wax yet? I'm still lovin my NXT

Old 06-25-2004, 01:34 PM

i'm gonna try it out eventually...i just got my g on monday so i think it's a little early to start waxin her up. when is the appropriate time to start waxing anyway and how long inbetween?

2004.5 G35 Coupe

Old 06-25-2004, 04:18 PM

just got back from pep boys...i get up to the cashier (who looks really frustrated and i think she was new hehe..) and hand her the nanowax. she rings it all up and i ask here where to get the mail-in rebate form. so she looks all around and cant find anything, so she just rings up the nanowax then takes it off the computer and hands me a receipt for $0.00. i was like "uhh thats it?" and she just said yea so i ran out of there before someone who knew what they were doing could charge me for it.

anyway, it comes with a free microfiber towel too which i didn't know ahead of time....so even if you don't like the wax you still get a free mf towel out of it. i havent heard anything about it yet, anyone know how good it is?

also, i just got my g on monday, when should i apply the first wax? i was told to wait at least a few months before putting the first coat on but i'm really anxious. i just ordered the wax-as-u-dry stuff too from them - anyone use it? i'll test that out when i get it hopefully next week and let you all know how it works.

2004.5 G35 Coupe

Old 06-25-2004, 05:44 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

g35rush... from what i've read here, you can start waxing at any time as the paint has had enough time to cure from factory to boat to dealer. the only time that you have to wait is if you've had some re-painting done for body damage, etc.

i would wash the car with dawn first, then claybar, and then apply the wax. as for how often, i guess it depends on what the product is made of. i forget how long canuba-based waxes last. a few weeks i think? a search would do some good here. anyway, i use CG which isn't a wax, but a polymer and it lasts months.

and hahaha, way to go with the cashier at pep boys. happy cleaning.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 06-25-2004, 07:11 PM

G35Rush, nice find. I'll go to that pep boys tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll run into the same cashier . Although I am a Zaino guys, I'll use this one on my older cars...

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 06-25-2004, 09:33 PM

i live in EB, i will be there tomorrow

thanks.

since i use CG, not sure if i'll use it on my G, but might on daily driver.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 06-25-2004, 10:50 PM

g35girl, are you a CG express or full blown. if full blown, how hard is it to apply and how long does it take.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 06-25-2004, 11:53 PM

i made a post about the free wax about 3 wks ago, the rebate slip is suppose to be in the box, you got lucky, u dont have to pay for tax, fill out stupid form and mail it

Old 06-26-2004, 05:01 PM

why do you need to use dawn to get the dealer wax off beforehand? then when you wax again...do you have to use dawn to strip it off again? sorry if i seem like a wax virgin (haha that just sounded bad, sorry) but i am, i've never had such a nice car before so my g is the first one that i'm actually gonna spend time keeping care of.

any more help would be appreciated, thanks..

2004.5 G35 Coupe

Old 06-29-2004, 11:47 PM

I got nanowax from Pep Boys on Sunday, but they didn't have the rebate form (on the website it says it's good through July 3rd). The lady at the counter asked me to come back on later to get the form. I went back today, but they still didn't have the form. I asked, "What's next?". She thought about it for a second, and gave me a full refund - I got it for free without the rebate . Who said there is no such thing as free lunch?

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 06-30-2004, 12:14 AM

haha must have been the same girl i had when i went. she looked confused at first when i asked, then she looked over at the board where they have all the forms and it wasnt there, so she just got frustrated and gave a refund.

that was the best trip to pepboys i think i've ever made, well worth it. i just havent tried out the nanowax yet since my g is only a week old...i was thinking of laying down the first wax maybe in late july early august. so we'll see how it is then..

2004.5 G35 Coupe