Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Returning Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Returning Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash

now i have a DG car. doesn't show swirls like a black car would.
yesterday evening, like the sunday beforehand, i come home and see a little dust on the car. 15 minutes later it is totally washed, 5 minutes later (courtesy of chamois) it is dry.
touch up some water spots after i pull it into the garage.

car shines

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 06-28-2004, 01:30 PM

Let us know how the Big Blue II works out. I was reading up on them and they sound pretty neat. Where's the place to buy them? I was reading on website that said people were making cheap replicas that were horrible. Keep us posted...

Post some snaps later of your G when you have it all shined up!

Old 06-28-2004, 01:49 PM

www.properautocare.com for the Big Blue II towels ($24.95 for 1 and $34.95 for 2).

WRAH - Thanks for the info on the Mr. Clean AutoDry filter, but I returned it anyway. btw - if I were 26 again and not married with 1 child, I would br driving the G35 Coupe as well ;-) but unfortunately, I cannot go back in time, and I am very happy with my 4-door 350Z...I mean G35 Sedan ;-) In 9-10 years time, I bet you'll be driving a 4-door (sports car) too. btw - I love Lexus (I've had 3 of them) but the IS300 is way less of a sports sedan than the G35 Sedan, imo. Now, when Lexus comes out with a redesigned IS (330 pehaps), then that may be a worthy competitor.

Attached (top) is a picture after I did the Klasse AIO / Pinnacle Liq. Souveran combo wax job (Klasse AIO synthetic for the base coat and the Pinancle Liq. Souveran carnuba wax on top)...very nice!

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/28/04 11:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

287569-G35 after Klasse-Pinnacle combo2.JPG

Old 06-30-2004, 10:59 AM

I used a Big Blue II towel today to dry the car after washing it (with regular car wash soap btw...no more Mr. Clean ;-)...this super absorbant towel thing is great!!!! It seems to wipe it dry like a chamois, but it's not fussy and you don't have to wring it out (I could have done both cars without just 1 towel and without wringing it out). It glides around easy like a reg. towel and it soaks up all the water with no streaks, swirls, or water spots. It only took me a quick 25 min. to wash and dry the car, and the drying part with the Big Blue II towel was the easiest and quickest part of the job (maybe 5 min.)!

...thanks, redwillow for the suggestion. These things are very effective, well worth the money and far superior than the Mr. Clean AutoDry system. I highly recommend this product as a better alternative for drying your car quickly and effectively. You can get them at www.properautocare.com. I got 2 for $35.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 06-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no prob buddy. Glad you like it....like i said, best drying thing i have ever used. Someone let me borrow theirs and I have been using that ever since. You have to wash it seperately from other (non microfiber) things, but since i also use the yellow microfiber mits from Target and small microfiber wash cloths, i just wash them all together.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, limo tint, Phatbox 40g mp3 player

Old 06-30-2004, 02:16 PM

yea, I wasn't too impressed Mr. Clean. I prefer the good old fashion bucket because I could rinse off the mitt.. much cheaper to buy a gallon of car wash soap than it is the Mr. Clean refills.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've sold me. I've been using the leaf blower which works great but it still leaves a couple spots here and there. Need to order the big blue.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
G35Driver.com Business Cards

Old 07-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bsgoren, we have very hard water here in NM, I have been using deionized water for about 6 years now, use a garden sprayer to rinse the car, leaves no spots usually, and if it does leave a few, they wipe right off with a damp cloth. I swear by this method, example, I never dry my rims, and have no spots whatsoever. Check into it if it's available in your area.

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 07-04-2004, 11:32 PM

I hate Mr. Clean. What a junk product. I used it on my wife's black QX56 and it left little water spots. I used it on my twilight blue G35 and it left so much residue I got the bucket and sponge out and rewashed it with my Gold Class wash.

I threw away my receipt so I can't return for a refund, but just to let the folks at Mr. Clean know how crappy their product is, I'm shipping it to them with photos.

Junk.

292159-WMT_G35_400_168.jpg

Old 07-05-2004, 11:33 AM

I'm gonna order the big blue towel set. Is properautocare.com a good place to get them? How long did it take to get your order? I have some small microfiber towels I got at Walmart and these things are great for alot of stuff...just too small to dry a car.

Old 07-05-2004, 12:38 PM

I think the Big Blue II towels are Classic Motoring Accessories' own product (www.properautocare.com). As far as I can tell, these are the original microfiber "weave" super-absorbant towels as they mention on their Web site that there are inferior 'imitation' products out there. I don't know how well the others work, but the Big Blue II towels from properautocare.com are fantastic!! I got 2 for $34.95 (they're very large) and I received them the next day. Again, I highly recommend them. As a matter of fact, I washed my car yesterday and showed my wife how great the towel is as I dried my black G35 completely off in about 4 minutes with no water spots, streaks, or swirl marks...better than a chamois -- no wringing it out and it glides around the car, drying it off completely on each pass without a streak of water left...amazing!

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 07-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MR. CLEAN SUCKS. i used it and there was no sheeting action right before my eyes. i went inside and watched an hour of TV and the water was still on my car. and i sprayed a looot of that deionized water on it. the filter is probably gone after 1 wash. maybe its cause i waxed my car last week and its making it bead. anyways, im returning it asap. gonna get my some big blue towels.

G35s6mt/TSecu/350Z Springs&Struts/K&Nfilter+Z-tube/StillenDualExhaust /6WireGroundKit/KinetixHighFlow

Old 07-06-2004, 12:57 PM

Whatever you do, do not mix soaps!!! (or maybe I'm just an idiot).

I first tested it on my 96 Maxima beater. Worked like a charm and was ready for the G.

I had a few drops of Meguar's Gold Soap left so I mixed it with the Mr Clean solution.

I freaked... it left globs of adhesive goo all over the car. I thought it was just suds so I kept spraying.

It was like removing tar and bugs off the car... what a mess; felt like crying...

I got most of it off... in a week the rest dissolved on its own.

I cant clean the residue out of the Mr. Clean device so its back to a hose and bucket for me.

Old 07-06-2004, 01:38 PM

...just trash the Mr. Clean AutoDry & "Leave Your Car with White Film and Goo Crap" carwash and get a Big Blue II towel or two from www.properautocare.com. Drying your car doesn't get any easier than with these towels. You won't regret it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Returning Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash