Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

CG/Zaino

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CG/Zaino

gs_g_ride... try PMing the username, "wil." he is pretty knowledgable about having swirls removed professionally and has some helpful posts in this detailing forum on that matter. good luck and happy future CGing.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 07-13-2004, 02:00 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

Please check out my post about the new and improved CG formula just released... got the word from James Campos today...

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 07-13-2004, 08:49 PM

Thanks guys...this news is as good as William Hung's new album...I will let you guys figure out if that is a good or bad thing

Old 07-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good or bad depends upon if you're William Hung, or you're not. LOL

Sport Sedan Fan - 2004 6MT Sedan
Sport/Navigation/Premium/Aero; "Invisiguard" Bra, Madico Onyx Tint
Obsidian Black/Graphite & "Titanium"
SHE'S SILVER & BLACK - GO RAIDERS!

Old 07-19-2004, 05:34 PM

well i have a black coupe, and i havent waxed it ever since i bought it from the factory, its been around 8 months. So can I just dawn wash my car 1st and then just only use the zaino swirl remover on it and after that CG over it? or wont this work?

I would love to use CG quick as opposed to zaino, i dont have time for zaino, but i really need to get rid of those swirls. So will this method work?

or do i do the complete zaino method and then apply the cg quick? I thought zaino is a polish though and not a wax right? Confused also with what CG quick is, a polish also? if thats so, then i cant apply cg quick over a coat of zaino?

Please help me out here, I need to protect my car bad. I've put it off so long... what it comes down to is that I want to be using CG Quick from now on. But you guys said if my car is kind of old and have swirls, then I would need to use Zaino. So what should I do now if i want to be able to use CG Quick?

Old 07-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Go to a Professional Detailer

Eurog35:

Many people who post here enjoy waxing their car, and view it as a hobby. If you haven't waxed your black G35 ever, then perhaps you may have other things you'd rather be doing with your time than detailing your car.

So rather than a Zaino or CG decision, your most important decision is do you really have the time/inclination to wax the car yourself, and learn how to take car of it yourself? In addition, you may have more major swirls that require more attention/effort than you're willing to put in. Zaino isn't going to hide more major swirls.

If you really don't have the time, then you'd be far happier and get better results if you just take your car to a professional detailer twice per year, and have them apply a paint sealant (synthetic/polymer wax, not regular carnuaba wax which won't last on black). The professional detailer will also use very good products too.

Old 07-20-2004, 01:38 PM
WRAH
Re: Go to a Professional Detailer

I really don't see where zanio takes all that much time. Its really quick in my book, it just when people Wash, clay, wash again, z5 z6 z5 z6 z2 z6 z2 z6 z2 z6 z2 z6 z2 z6 z2

that it takes all day!

Old 07-20-2004, 02:24 PM

my main concern is, i want to get rid of the swirls first before using CG quick, so can I dawn wash, claybar, and just use the zaino swirl remover, and then spray CG quick over my car from that period then on? Or is it bad to mix the 2 brands?

Old 07-20-2004, 11:34 PM

anyone? please, I just need this one last bit of information so that I can go ahead and order what I need. Car's been 8 months since I bought it, its black, haven't waxed it yet, Looks like the factory wax wore off awhile ago... so right not its unprotected... I wanna use CG Quick, but then how do I get rid of the swirls then? I might just jump ship and just order CGQ... my swirl marks don't seem that bad to me...

but if i can use the z2 from zaino to remove my swirls before i apply CGQ, then I'll go ahead and do that. But I'm not sure if you can mixed the 2 products together... anyone?

Old 07-21-2004, 01:35 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You can't mix them, no. CG bonds with two things: your car's paint, and itself. Try CG, and if it doesn't work, go get your car buffed out and try it again. Zaino's like putting a lot of makeup on an ugly chick-- it'll look okay, but when it all comes off in the morning, you've still got an ugly chick.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
<font color=blue>Z-tube, Pop-charger, Borla True-Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, GroundingGear</font color=blue>

Old 07-21-2004, 03:19 AM

i see, geobau any ideas how much it cost to get a detailer to get rid of the swirl marks for me? i might just not worry to much and order cgq, and use it, cause i dont have that many swirl marks, and since it adds a layer over my car, i can always take it to a detailer to remove whatever swirl marks i have later on....

so is that promotional code still in effect? how much is one bottle, and how many times will it last me? So all I need is another bottle of distilled water and im set?

Old 07-21-2004, 02:43 PM

With CG, if you get the pro kit and not the CG Quick, in most likelihood, you do NOT have to claybar your car. The primer that comes with the kit does what the claybar is supposed to do which is remove chemical and dust buildup on your paint surface. This prepares the car surface to accept the next two treatments which is the base coat and the reactant that forms the glass bond to the paint.

I would only suggest a claybar treatment if you plan on using CG Quick which does not have this primer.

Good Luck

<font color=red>Shibal G-Thang</font color=red>
<font color=blue>'04 TB 6MT Graphite: Aero Pkg, Premium</font color=blue>

Old 07-23-2004, 06:50 PM

I must say I'm very impressed with the CG users on this website. You guys really do "get it" and understand the product. Other forums it seems that people don't understand how it works or use it properly...Props to the G35 community!

James Campos
Sales & Marketing for CG

I've been playing with the new CG Quick and I must say how impressed I am with the new formula. The water looks like it evaporates off the car when you wash it. It's like RainX for your paint. I recommend people to try it, you'll be amazed...

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by GeoBau on 07/23/04 05:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-23-2004, 11:38 PM
WRAH

Hey Geo!!!

Just a reminder there's no such thing as an ugly G35, even with scratchs, dings, dents, or fire. She's beautiful no matter what!!!

So with that Zanio, unless your paint is perfect or new!!!!

Old 07-24-2004, 03:04 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

look for my impressions of the new CG-quick...

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.