Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

First time polish results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time polish results

I Polished/waxed my car as follows (2003 coupe, 70K miles, (light) silver:

Meg clay bar - was very thorough, got a lot of stuff off the paint, I was surprised. Really seemed to clean up well....onto the next step.

Meg #9 Swirl remover, applied with a PC7424 and Meg yellow polishing pad. First time using a PC. I kept it at speed 4/5, did about 2 foot by 2 foot sections at a time. Moved slowly from front to back and vice versa, did this several times then wiped with a clean MF cloth.

Wiped clean with water/rubbing alcohol

Applied Meg Gold class wax by hand, let dry, wiped of with a clean MF.

Now I only did this to the hood and front two quarter panels. My results? Ok. Yes, just ok. Definately brought out some shine, but perhaps not as good as I was hoping for.

When I look at the hood under direct sunlight, there are no swirl marks or scratches, and the shine is pretty good, but when I run my hand over it there isnt that perfect glass smoothness I was expecting. I wouldnt say it feels "rough", but for sure not silky smooth.

Before I continue with the rest of the car, does anyone have any suggestions? I know you will be screaming for pics but I wont have my camera until later this week at which point I can take some.

I do have access to new lake country yellow/black/white buffer pads if needed.

Am I just being too picky/****?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 AM
I just started doing my cars over the weekend myself. Was my first time but I used the orange Lake Country pad with SSR2.5 from Poorboy then went back over with PwS also from Poorboy using the LC blue pad. Tried it on my red Civic first to make sure I wouldn't mess up then tried it on my black Ridgeline on the hood. The Civic turned out pretty good and the Ridgeline isn't to bad either and I think the paint feels pretty damn smooth. Made a night and day difference to me. I used the same PC on speed 4 to spread the polish then on speed 6 to really work the polish. I'm really happy with my results. Sorry I didn't take pics but I'll try to before I finish the rest of the truck. If anyone else can lend some advice I'm all ears I'm still pretty new to this process. I also got all of the 6 different pad from Lake Country if anyone has a better pad combo I can try for the bet results let me know!! FREAKING TIME CONSUMING AS WELL!!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Ya ask the detail image guy george,he's in this forum .I'm a newb at this 2 he gave me alot of suggestions,he is a good guy to buy from 2...www.detailimage.comor use the search button here...good luck

Old 05-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Seeing it under the sun again today, it does look pretty good. When I get my camera I will take some pics to get some feedback.

I think I will switch to the white LC pad for the rest of the car too.