Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Mother's clay bar & Meguiars NXT wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Mother's clay bar & Meguiars NXT wax

Well after having my car for over a year I finally got tired of the lackluster finish, water spots and all. I didn't want to use any system that had a polish in it. But I was willing to try a clay bar treatment as the first step. I used the Mother's clay bar. It came in a package that included a spay bottle of liquid to use with it as a lube. It was easy to use and worked really well. I removed most all the junk on my paint finish. Best of all it left no marks or swirling of any kind (I tested it first for that).

Next I applied Meguiars NXT liquid wax. I taped off all the black plastic areas and any seams I didn't want to deal with. It was extreamly easy to apply and to remove. I used 4 med sized microfiber cloths to remove it. I now have a very nice reflective finish. I very much recommend the Mother's clay bar and the Meguiars NXT wax.

(I know Zaino would be better, that it's polish would have gotten off even more impurities from my paint finish. But I do not wish to use a polish on my car. For not using a polish, I think what I used worked very well, IMO. I am highly satisfied).

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt