Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

need help car got egged :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2009 | 05:54 AM
|
Angry need help car got egged :(

well sum damn kids egged the back of my car. lucky me it was at night and i caught it and washed my car with soap. if i see a stain from egg on my car what is the best way to remove it. any ideas

Old 06-09-2009 | 08:01 AM
Egg Stains / Damage to Paint surface:
As well as the impact damage, egg contains Albumin refers generally to any protein with water solubility) and amino acids that will actually erode the clear coat and eventually the basecoat if not neutralized / removed. If the affected paintwork is not neutralized any remaining acid residue will be reactivated each time it comes into contact with water (See also Reactivity)

Saturate the area with Isopropyl Alcohol and keep it ‘wet’ for 4-5 minutes with a soaked towel laid on the stain, do not agitate the surface. Flush with clean water and dry thoroughly. Inspect surface for cracking, discolouration or other damage with a 30X lighted magnifying loupe, use a chemical cleaner to remove any discolouration, and then a suitably abrasive polish to level the paint surface to below the level of the etching (an shallow indentation in the paint surface caused by an acid) then apply a paint protection product. If the clear coat shows signs of failure (cracking) take vehicle to a professional paint / body shop.

After the paint surface has been subjected to a chemical cleaning its protective layer (wax / sealants) have been removed and the paint surface left without protection, so it is very important that a wax or polymer protection be reapplied immediately. To correct any surface marring / light scratching use a mild polish (Zaino PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover, All-In-One (Z-AIO) or Menzerna Final Polish II) using a White or an Orange LC pad, PC speed 5 – 6

An extract from “Automotive Detailing Inside & Out; a Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist” © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2008, all rights reserved