Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

looking for Socal mobil detail...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for Socal mobil detail...

ill looking to get a detail done for my car soon, so if theres any pro mobile detailers let me know...
looking for wax & clay treatments

Old 09-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
honestly if you just want a wash/clay/wax you can DIY its not that hard

Wash car in shade!
Gold class soap + 2 buckets
Sheeps wool or Microfiber sponge
drying towels
meguiars Clay kit
then Meguairs Nxt Tech Wax 2.0

All you need is about 2 hours of time and some patience :P All these products are available at local stores that sell auto cleaning stuff.

but if you dont have time to do all this then yea go with a deatailer , good luck

Old 09-07-2009, 06:44 PM
same here
im lookin far a detailer willing to drive out to the coachella valley

Old 09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Check your local craigslist.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Jairen
Check your local craigslist.
Most detailers of craigslist are ****.

OP, as a professional detailer, I can advise you that it is better to just do it yourself if you just want a wash & wax.

A wash, clay, and wax takes under an hour. People seem to be under the impression that clay removes swirls, which it doesn't at all. Neither does waxing (some waxes do to a slight extent, but they just lightly fill and the swirls will come back.). You only need maybe $25 worth of products to do it, clay, shampoo, wax, wash mitt, drying towel and a couple microfibers. It is much more rewarding to do it yourself.

If you do want swirls and scratches corrected than send me a PM, I know a couple good detailers in the socal area.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Most detailers of craigslist are ****.

OP, as a professional detailer, I can advise you that it is better to just do it yourself if you just want a wash & wax.

A wash, clay, and wax takes under an hour. People seem to be under the impression that clay removes swirls, which it doesn't at all. Neither does waxing (some waxes do to a slight extent, but they just lightly fill and the swirls will come back.). You only need maybe $25 worth of products to do it, clay, shampoo, wax, wash mitt, drying towel and a couple microfibers. It is much more rewarding to do it yourself.

If you do want swirls and scratches corrected than send me a PM, I know a couple good detailers in the socal area.
really???...as a professional detailer, where you make your money working on other people's cars, you are going to tell them to do it themselves??? Sounds like you are more of a hobby detailer, not a pro. There is a certain level of higher knowledge, expertise, experience that a PRO has and why the PRO can get better results!!! There is a reason a PRO makes money at something...

A wash and wax takes much longer than an hour to complete correctly! Heck, some washes take an hour, then add in the clay and the waxing part, and you are sitting 2-3 hours easy!

WAXES DO ABSOLUTELY ZERO DEFECT REMOVAL - not even the slightest extent! There are no abrasives in it to remove any clear, and you cant use a wax to heat up the paint to "move" paint around to preserve the paint thickness. Tell me how a wax can do anything more than just fill in and "hide" defects such as swirl marks or scratches...

please dont take this the wrong way, I dont mean to come off rude or anything, sorry if thats how it reads, but sometimes bad information gets to me...

Last edited by Envious Eric; 09-07-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Envious Eric
really???...as a professional detailer, where you make your money working on other people's cars, you are going to tell them to do it themselves??? Sounds like you are more of a hobby detailer, not a pro. There is a certain level of higher knowledge, expertise, experience that a PRO has and why the PRO can get better results!!! There is a reason a PRO makes money at something...

A wash and wax takes much longer than an hour to complete correctly! Heck, some washes take an hour, then add in the clay and the waxing part, and you are sitting 2-3 hours easy!

WAXES DO ABSOLUTELY ZERO DEFECT REMOVAL - not even the slightest extent! There are no abrasives in it to remove any clear, and you cant use a wax to heat up the paint to "move" paint around to preserve the paint thickness. Tell me how a wax can do anything more than just fill in and "hide" defects such as swirl marks or scratches...
Waxing helps hide defects.... they do not remove them

Washing takes 30-45 min max Washing one panel at a time. Then drying.

Claying is as simple as spray lube on car glide clay on panel.. there is nothing too it. A professional will do exactly the same

Some waxes are harder to apply then others, NXT Tech wax 2.0 is easy as apply in thin coat then wipe off after 20-45min. It takes 30 min to apply. All you need to do is make sure you dont get the wax on plastics or rubber items as it might stain it, if it gets on any of those just wipe off with a clean MF cloth it is easy.

And the other poster hobby or not everyone on here are "friends" why not help a friend save money?, his advice is correct imo, and I detail as a hobby.

If you do want to remove defects you will need to add polishing into the mix.

Last edited by thescreensavers; 09-07-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Envious Eric

I'm giving friendly advice. He is on the other side of the country, and from the way his OP came off it sounds like he didn't want defect removal. I've dealt with enough people to know that if people don't expect defect removal, they probably aren't going to take the time to wash the car right. I'm just saying that if he wants a quality wash, clay and wax, he better know how to wash the car right. That alone includes proper buckets, grit guards, drying towels, shampoo various microfibers, tire shine and a quality wax to re-wax the car unless he plans on bringing it back to a detailer to get it re-waxed everytime he needs it. Now, as a professional detailer I would recommend taking it to a quality detailer. As a friend, I would just recommend a good amount of research, and since he needs 75% of the stuff to properly maintain the car, and only expecting a clay bar and wax, then to do it himself.

Defect removal, bring it to a quality detailer, no question about it.

I meant if he did it himself, 2BM, clay, and wax not including the cure time. Unprofessional job. I've spent up to 6 hours just washing, clay, and waxing a car.

READ WHAT I WROTE I never stated that it corrected swirls or anything along those lines, I clearly wrote that "They lightly fill the swirls but they will come back".
See above.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:34 AM
To OP. You should post this in the socal forums.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I got one of the best detailers out there!

This guy works out of a shop in Fullerton. He is a painter by day so he understands what ur cars needs for that deep shine. He has done cars for the V.I.P's of a lot of high end dealerships.(Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, etc.) Please call 4 an appointment. (562)522-3303 Xavier

Old 09-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Best Detailer in SoCal....!

Best detailer in SoCal PM johng35m, he's the only one I ever let touch my coupe. He's reasonable and really knows how to make your car sparkle!
Gary