Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Goodyear Assurance Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys with the Bosch Icons, you aren't getting any streaking? Cuz I have Bosch Icons on all my cars except the G35 at the moment, and I think they are the biggest POS wipers I've ever owned... They started streaking severely after only 3 days. I exchanged them for another set of Bosch Icons, but they started streaking again after a few days.

The PIAA Super Silicon on the other hand, have been fantastic. The ones on the G, have been on there for over 2 years, and are still wiping streaking free. Heck the ones on my pontiac survived 4 years without streaking, and that's including going through the biggest winter storm in our region in 40 years... Only reason I got the icons, was because I was too lazy to drive across town to the store that sells them, so I just picked up the icons at the place near my work. I thought it was a bad batch, but the icons on our TL, I bought from a different store in a different city in a different state, but they still streak like crazy...

I hope the goodyears don't streak like the icons do....

Old 04-25-2010, 05:35 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I've had my Icons for over a year and no streaking. I've been very happy with them.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know but the icons looked alot nicer. Im not getting any streaking with the good years minus if something gets stuck under the blade but then again I just put them on. Maybe ill try the PIAA super silicon next time

Old 04-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Been running the goodyears on both cars for a few months. Been working great. Decent choice for OTC and with Costco pricing

Old 04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Those type of bladers are very good like BMW wiper style. I spent $30 for PIAA wipers..and they are not good what expected...noise, won't clean windows..

Old 04-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by drifts500
Those type of bladers are very good like BMW wiper style. I spent $30 for PIAA wipers..and they are not good what expected...noise, won't clean windows..
That's interesting... I've been running PIAA Super Silicones in all my cars for the last 6 years up until I bought Bosch Icons a few months ago for all but one of my cars... I've never had any issues with PIAA wipers...

Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I used to run Bosch Icons and RainX Latitudes on my chevrolet colorado. Both worked just fine with no streaking. I got a set of the Bosch Icons for my parents on their cars, CIvic and Accord. They are loud and noisy on the Accord but work perfectly on the Civic. It seems like certain blades just work better on certain cars. I like the idea of paying 8$ for this style of blade, The RainX's were double that from what I can remember! Nice find!

Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
update, I've had these goodyears on two cars for about 6 months now, and they are not working so good anymore. lots of streaking. the regular styled cheapo blades hold up longer. Damn, I stocked up on these too, I bought two extra sets, wish I didn't.

I have had the Bosch Icons before and they lasted a little more then a year so it was better then the Goodyears.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm using Trico. Can't comment if they are better than Bosch or Rain-X.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:46 PM
I dont mind them but ive had them less then a month. That being said I will be going back to bosch afterwards. They looked nicer and i think performed better and its what the previous owner had on the car so I guess i didn't know how good i had it

Last edited by Sceptor; 04-29-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
i've been running the same bosch icons for like 4 years! still work good

Old 05-13-2010, 10:16 PM
They do work good but I have had a loud popping/clicking sound as they change directions on both cars they are installed on. Kinda annoying if you dont have the radio turned up.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:06 PM
I dont know about any of these other brands but I can tell you this. Ive been using PIAA wipers for about 6 years now and to this day there isnt a single streak on my windshield when I use the wipers.

http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/WiperBlades.html

They are silicone based so you dont have to wait for them to soak up the water before use or anything. These things are amazing. They're a little pricey a 30 dollars a pair, but 6years and counting they're totally worth it. It's the first mod I do to every single car.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Destructo
I dont know about any of these other brands but I can tell you this. Ive been using PIAA wipers for about 6 years now and to this day there isnt a single streak on my windshield when I use the wipers.

http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/WiperBlades.html

They are silicone based so you dont have to wait for them to soak up the water before use or anything. These things are amazing. They're a little pricey a 30 dollars a pair, but 6years and counting they're totally worth it. It's the first mod I do to every single car.
^^ totally agree

Long story short, the icons I had on my cars (which I only used for a few weeks) are now in the trash, and I'm back to running PIAA Super Silicones on all my cars.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
i just picked up 2 sets of PIAA Forza Hybrid Silicone's for me & my Wife's Gs. design is hella sleek, be looking blade i've ever seen. we'll see how they perform...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Assurance Wiper Blades