Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Touch up paint concern

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touch up paint concern

I purchased a couple BO touch up paints mid summer last year ... I recently read the back again and it reads "store at room temperature for best color match ..."

I'm somewhat concerned because I had kept them in the garage over winter and we've had a few hot days already this year ... I suspect, since they are unopened, that I need not be to concerned. I'd also think high heat would be more damaging than having sat through a winter.

The spot however is approximately the size of the top of a pencil eraser (BAD rock damage). Perhaps sizable enough to notice a slight color difference though, with Black, likely any variance will be so minor as not to be visible.

But, felt better safe than sorry so I'm here asking if I need worry to much about the touch up paint?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ive used lots (ask anyone who knows me) and lots of touch up paint on my OB coupe. I also store it in the garage where it gets really hot and really cold. to my experiance it doesnt matter. especially if its unopened (and even more on black) . just shake very very well for 5 minutes before using. spread it super thin in lots of layers letting it dry in between. dont do 1 or two passes, but rather 6 -8. after it fills the gap use a polish to blend it and shine it to the gloss like the surrounding parts of the car.

remember, be patient and go very lightly with multiple layers letting it dry in between.

post pics of your progress! good luck

Old 05-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Verilath - Thanks for the vote of confidence and bit of advice on application.
I'll post some a progress thread once done.