Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

SWIRLS ON 2 month old black G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3m's swirl cutter is by far the best use it and a buffer. I would suggest spending a little more money and using tropi-care Car polish, car wash and quick spray. Its a much better and easier to use product then zaino and meguires. When you Wash your car be sure to move in straight lines with the contours of the vehicle..

www.tropi-care.com

Last edited by raph8erxxx; 02-23-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Ok wax will not remove swirl marks. You will need to use polish... And DO NOT try using a Porter Cable or any other buffer unless you have practiced or used it before... You need to use proper polish and pads, else if you could wind up with more swirls!

That being said the best way to remove them is with a PC. PoorBoys SSR 2.5 http://www.superiorcarcare.net/pbmssr16.html with a PC works well... I have not seen your finish so can not really say so.

I would say in your case, go by hand and use Zaino swirl remover(forgot the number), 3M makes some nice swirl removers too!

Old 02-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Z5, straight lines, vertically (always up and down towards the ground, vice horizontally), Z6 detail spray between coats. Takes no time to put on, wipes straight off. Results are impressive.

Old 02-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a twilight blue car which is similar to black. The dealer put a lot of swirl marks onto the car when they washed it. I've tried many swirl remover products.

Meguiar's ScratchX
Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover
Turtle Wax Scratch & Swirl Remover
Mother's scratch remover
Pinnacle swirl remover

All of them resulted in a less visible swirl, but in the sun you could still see the swirl nonetheless. I almost gave up. It wasn't until I tried "#39009 Perfect-it Swirl Remover" that I found satisfactory results. Now I'm not talking about the 3M stuff you buy at Walmart. It seems like you can only find this stuff online. I used it with a orbital buffer and the results far exceeded my expectation. Seems like it doesn't cover the swirls, it actually removes them. However, one word of caution, if you are using an orbital buffer. At the bottom of the door, there is this lower seal. It is made out of this flexible plastic and it is painted the color of the car. Stay away from the lower seal. I took the paint right off.