Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Washing my Car Time Lapse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Washing my Car Time Lapse

Messed around with my camera and made a time lapse video of me washing my G

Old 09-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the name of that song you used?

Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Mr.202?

^

Dreamscape

Old 09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
If only I could actually wash my car in 2:33...

Old 09-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
........that funny! Good idea using the two bucket method but you should start at the top first and finish with the wheels. One more thing, you didn't blow out your mirrors so once it's on the road you'll have water running down the sides of your sedan. A compressor or even a leaf blower will eliminate that problem and dry your G quicker, liked the vid....
Gary

Old 09-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Mr.202?

Originally Posted by gary c
........that funny! Good idea using the two bucket method but you should start at the top first and finish with the wheels. One more thing, you didn't blow out your mirrors so once it's on the road you'll have water running down the sides of your sedan. A compressor or even a leaf blower will eliminate that problem and dry your G quicker, liked the vid....
Gary
The way I did the time lapse every min is an hour.

I did start at the top it just moves too quickly. I did Sunroof >All the glass>Top of Trunk>Hood then I do the rest in random order then doors are always last.

Its also debatable on when you should clean your wheels people say to do it first so you dont get dirt on your mit or what not.

And If you see right when I pull it in and start drying, I am using a leaf blower

I am glad you enjoyed it

Last edited by thescreensavers; 09-05-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
nice song .. n kewl video .. (thumbsup)

Trending Topics

Old 09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool video...good song as well. Have you ever used a rinseless wash like ONR? I use to do the same method you were using but ONR is insane. You can keep work inside your garage if it it's rain, shine, sleet, hail, snow whatever.

Since you never have so much water on the car, you can subtract the leaf blower and the unnecessary drying time of all the jambs and little areas that water gets into when you cover the car.

Also not sure what you use for a last step product but give blackfire wet diamond a try. It leaves the paint insanely slick and it looks very glossy. My car is brilliant silver and it literally shines so with your car being black, it would look great.

Here's a review of it from one of the best detailers out there: http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...roduct-review/

Old 09-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Very cool video, I enjoyed watching it. I recommend keeping w/ the wheels first. Nice job.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:54 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I'v been in that garage haha

So tell me how you wash your car in a step by step thing. I might start using a leaf blower to dry.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Mr.202?

Originally Posted by ilv2xlr8

Here's a review of it from one of the best detailers out there: http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...roduct-review/
that stuff looks slick I think I might get it. Thanks

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Very cool video, I enjoyed watching it. I recommend keeping w/ the wheels first. Nice job.
Yep thats how I learned doing things, glad you enjoyed it

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I'v been in that garage haha

So tell me how you wash your car in a step by step thing. I might start using a leaf blower to dry.

Lol yea

Get my Dirty bucket put some soap in it clean all the wheels with a brush/wheel mitt.

Dump it out and put fresh water in it. Put some Soap in the clean bucket and then start washing the car, Roof+Windows then I go back to the dirty bucket and clean off my mitt of dirt string it(is that how you say that?) Then go into the Clean bucket and go to the trunk and then I go back back to the dirty bucket.

I then do the hood and front bumper dirty bucket, Rear bumper then dirty bucket, Rear fenders, I use one side of the mitt per side Then Dirty, Front Fenders dirty bucket. Then it comes to the doors I make sure I got my mitt soaking wet and do each side. Then rinse it all off. I try not to keep the soap on for too long or it will clean away the wax layer I have on.

Then I wash the car all at once again then rinse.

Alot of the swirls you might get is during drying so with wax on the car using a leaf blower is so easy the water just slides off. Then you just get your MF Cloth and clean the small areas of water left.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
The way I did the time lapse every min is an hour.

I did start at the top it just moves too quickly. I did Sunroof >All the glass>Top of Trunk>Hood then I do the rest in random order then doors are always last.

Its also debatable on when you should clean your wheels people say to do it first so you dont get dirt on your mit or what not.

And If you see right when I pull it in and start drying, I am using a leaf blower

I am glad you enjoyed it
Nice vid, wish i can wash my interior in 25 secs lol. I need a leaf blower myself but after a wash just hit 40+ and all the water should blow out. Then finish with mirco fibers

Old 09-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Mr.202?

^ if I drive that will get dirt on the car again then when I get back and wipe with the MF's Ill instill swirls

Old 09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
Nice nice, i enjoyed it and learned some new things bout washing now

Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
^ if I drive that will get dirt on the car again then when I get back and wipe with the MF's Ill instill swirls
true, i guess i have to pick myself up a leafblower

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Washing my Car Time Lapse