Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Rejex Update!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rejex Update!

I finally washed the car for the first time since applying Rejex and all I can say is awesome! The water beaded much more than my other wax and when I am done rinsing I will take the nozzle off and hit the car with the smooth flow so the water sheets off. Drying was so much easier I can't even compare. I use the Big Blue towel from properautocare.com and it was effortless. I don't know how long it will hold up but the first wash was very impressive!

04 Coupe 6MT Laser/Graphite Premium No Aero

Old 11-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Re: Rejex Update!

How about the wheels CACTUS??? LOL Is it worth getting just for the wheels? Did they clean easier?

www.gsquad.org

Old 11-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Re: Rejex Update!

Ahh Diesel you didn't forget did you? I forgot to post about the wheels. You still need to wipe the dust off by hand but it is much easier. The car itself is so much easier to clean and dry though. I would like to try that Lusterlab LXR as a wash in addition to the Rejex.

04 Coupe 6MT Laser/Graphite Premium No Aero

Old 03-22-2005, 05:48 PM
I am gonna bump this up as I recently cleaned my wheels which were previously treated to 3 coats of REJEX. Yes, much easier to clean! Soap and water with no effort at all got them back to new! Rejex def does the job! Now we will see how long it lasts!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Rejex is the s hit.

Glad someone else finally realized that fact too.

I would recommend putting a second coat on your finish. The last time I rejex'd my G was in Nov 04. She's still as shiny and smooth after all this time.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Rejex vs. Zaino

How does Rejex compare to using Zaino Z2 or Z5 on clear coated wheels. I've been using Zaino for a year now, and it's really great. I'm always open to trying something new, however.

Anyone used both before?

Old 03-23-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm sure Zaino is a great product, but too time consuming.
I have a friend with a Z that has lost a whole day detailing his car with it.

With washing, claying, washing, drying and applying Rejex, it'll take me 2.5 hours with me taking my time.

I can't vouch for this product enough, try it, if you don't like it, I'll buy your unused bottle from you.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Where is the best place to buy this stuff (Rejex).......Walmart, auto supply place or detailing shop?

Old 03-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizz
I'm sure Zaino is a great product, but too time consuming.
I have a friend with a Z that has lost a whole day detailing his car with it.

With washing, claying, washing, drying and applying Rejex, it'll take me 2.5 hours with me taking my time.
How would using Zaino take longer than Rejex? the Washing, claying, washing, and drying would be a universal step regardless of what product you were using? Even with NXT, zymol, klasse, etc.

So what was it that made zaino take the whole day and rejex take less than 2.5 hours?

Old 03-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Wheel Wax

Would I be correct to asume that both Zaino (which I currently use) and Rejex would out-perform Wheel Wax sold by Tire Rack? Just took delivery of some new SSR Comp wheels today and want to get some protection on them. Can anybody weigh in on the merits of Whel Wax? Just curious. Thanks

Old 03-24-2005, 04:45 AM
Originally Posted by afr0puff
How would using Zaino take longer than Rejex? the Washing, claying, washing, and drying would be a universal step regardless of what product you were using? Even with NXT, zymol, klasse, etc.

So what was it that made zaino take the whole day and rejex take less than 2.5 hours?
I really don't know, I was too busy cruising while he was zainoing. I think he got confused with all the zaino steps or something. "Do I start with z5 or wait, was it z7, but does z7 go before z3?"

Didn't see his a ss that whole weekend.

Rejex, 2.5 hours.

Peace out yo.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by smilepro
Where is the best place to buy this stuff (Rejex).......Walmart, auto supply place or detailing shop?

Google is your friend.

http://www.corrosionx.com/distmarine.htm

http://www.corrosionx.com/distmarineint.html

Old 03-24-2005, 08:51 AM
actually google and i had a falling ou a few months ago. i caught him stealing from the cookie jar. since then we've been bitter enemies (j/k).

seriously tho, imo, find a system that works for you and stick with it. if you don't mind zainoing, then stick with it. same w/ nxt. each system will have it's pros/cons. just realize what they are and live with it.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:10 AM
lol

I love zaino - and can get it done pretty quick. It has never taken me a whole day to zaino my car. The longest so far was ~4 hours for:
wash x 2
dry
2 coats of z2 (with zfx)
along with z6 in between the 2 coats of z2.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizz
I really don't know, I was too busy cruising while he was zainoing. I think he got confused with all the zaino steps or something. "Do I start with z5 or wait, was it z7, but does z7 go before z3?"

Didn't see his a ss that whole weekend.

Rejex, 2.5 hours.
But with rejex, you are NOT supposed to drive the car for 12 hours after buffing it off? I was looking on their website for more information to give it a try, but they say that the finish will get contaminated, so you basically need to have it parked in a covered garage for 12 hours while it cures. I can do that for my wheels, since I take those off anyway to clean/polish them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rejex Update!