Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

New car paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2004 | 02:05 AM
|
New car paint

Hi, I'm brand new to the board. Just got a new 2005 G35 Coupe 5A. It's the Diamond Graphite color and since it's only a week old, the paint feels perfectly new. I'd like to protect it and bring out even more shine to this dark silver finish. I spent a lot of time reviewing your posts, and have decided to start with the Klasse AIO, followed up by several coats of the P21S wax. Any suggestions? BTW, even though my car is stock right out of the showroom with the 19's, it's still amazing to look at and to drive (and listen to). Thanks for any ideas.

Old 11-22-2004 | 11:31 AM
Re: New car paint

Your choice for protecting your car is a good one.....I use the same system and the results are amazing....The P21S will hold up for about a month or so, then you need to re-apply. Its so easy to use, that it takes almost the same amount of time as a detailing spray....Use only 100% cotton towels or microfiber towels to help prevent any light surface scratches......

The key to keeping your finish in good condition is not only the waxing....

Your cleaning regiment has a lot to do with the amount of swirl/scratch marks your car will receive.....

Make sure you use two (2) buckets, one for soap and one to rinse your wash mitt, sponge etc....

I use two mitts, one for the top and upper sides, and one for the lower panels....

I use a separate sponge or mitt to clean the wheels/wheels dust.....

Always flood the cars surface thoroughly before washing, and after final rinse, let the water flow from the hose.....don't use any nozzle, this will sheet the water off and make drying alot less of a hassle......

Congrats on your car and color choice. I went with the Ivory Pearl, but DG was a strong contender when I purchased mine.... Enjoy......

04 cpe JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

390742-cprightsdrev.jpg

Old 11-22-2004 | 01:46 PM

I also just started using the Klasse AIO, Klass Gloss, then P21S Carnuba. Great results. My question is since the Klasse lasts about 6 months and the P21S Carnuba only lasts 1 month. Is there an need to remove the old carnuba before reappying the carnuba? I dont want to cleanse and remove the Klasse every month. So, I guess my question is is ther a need to remove and if so what product will not remove the Klasse but just the old carnuba? thanks...

Old 11-22-2004 | 02:34 PM

I do not remove the Klasse every time I re-wax.
I usually do a full cleaning/polishing/waxing every six months or so. I re-apply the P21S as needed. Since my car is not garaged, I apply it more often......The P21S tends to evaporate quickly, depending on Temps etc......

In between waxing, and in the cold winter months, I usually just use the SONUS carnuaba detail spray to reapply a coat of protection. This will be the first winter I will be testing the wax.....

04 cpe JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 11-22-2004 | 04:48 PM

No matter how much you wash and wax your car. Paint chipping is due to happen. This car, unless you install a clear bra, is prone to chips. The paint is weak.

Good Luck!

Old 11-22-2004 | 10:53 PM

Enhance your Klasse experience.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-klasse.html

Applying Klasse by hand.
http://www.properautocare.com/apklasbyhan.html

The Perfect Shine (combining Klasse synthetic with natural caranuba).
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-perfect.html

Old 11-23-2004 | 01:39 AM
|

Thanks GR8T. Sounds like that's a gr8t solution. I do garage the car. I guess I kinda wondered how the deep shine and wet look, looks like on a "silvery metallic" look like the DG. I can see how it gives depth to the blacks and reds, I assume it looks gr8t on the silvers.

Old 12-04-2004 | 12:23 AM
what about black g35
1. must have a garage
2. micro towels
3 hand wash very week
4 hand wax 1-3 months (lots of wax )
5.clay it every 6 momths
6. between washes spray wax detail

that what it takes to owne a black car...

Old 01-11-2005 | 01:15 PM
Code:
what about black g35
1. must have a garage
2. micro towels
3 hand wash very week
4 hand wax 1-3 months (lots of wax )
5.clay it every 6 momths
6. between washes spray wax detail 

that what it takes to owne a black car...
And definitely something to protect paint (any bra) if you drive a lot of highway... otherwise, it'll look like my car - thousands of white dots all over the bumper and front portion of hood