Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino Product Value

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just follow the instructions from the website. Also when you wash with Dawn to strip off the wax make sure you have no water spots. You can get rid of them with some bottled water and dry off with a towel. Enjoy the Bling!

Old 01-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Well... I brought the car home on a Tuesday night, Zaino arrived @ 10AM the next morning...and I had 3 applications of Z2/Z6 on the car by nightfall.

Here are some pictures take the next day from another post

New 2005 Lakeshore Slate with Zaino

Old 01-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Very Nice Job!
Sorry, can't keep up with some of the posts here.

Old 02-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by CKwik
...A new car shouldn't have a need for a claybar...
I thought this too at first. After reading the zaino bros website I realized that they mentioned things like rail dust and diesel oil and Sal recommends claying every new car before applying their products. Just a FYI...

Old 02-09-2005, 10:22 AM
The rear of my brand new G needed the clay bar. Rail dust I assume. The rest of the car was fine.

So I can confirm... new cars may need the claybar.

I did not actually feel it until after the first Z2 coat. But salt protection was the priority at the time and the garage was cold. Claybar will now have to wait for spring.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get yourself one of those sandwich baggies or it might work with seran wrap. Use it as a glove and run your fingers across your freshly washed car. That will tell you if you need clay bar or not.

Old 02-12-2005, 06:05 PM
It's not the critic......
First time Zaino user........no sunshine here in Texas today, so these pictures are with an overcast sky, but still the car looks good......I will have to wait for some sunshine to get the full impact of the Zaino product.....it was a lot of work, about 8 hours over 2 days.....2 washes (1 with dishwashing soap), 1 clarbar, 2 coats Z5, 2 coats Z2 and a coat of Z6 in between each polish coat. All in all I'm happy with the results......but am still hoping for the WOW factor when the sun comes out

Attached Thumbnails Zaino Product Value-dsc01948.jpg   Zaino Product Value-dsc01950.jpg  
Old 02-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Howdy!
Originally Posted by thewheelman
Well... I brought the car home on a Tuesday night, Zaino arrived @ 10AM the next morning...and I had 3 applications of Z2/Z6 on the car by nightfall.

Here are some pictures take the next day from another post

New 2005 Lakeshore Slate with Zaino
Just so everyone knows, you're only supposed to put Z2 on once every 24 hours. Allowing it to "cure". If you want to put it on multiple times in 24 hours, you should use ZFX. Your car looks great, and I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal. Just a note for the others out there who are new to Zaino.

Old 02-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by erik7
Just so everyone knows, you're only supposed to put Z2 on once every 24 hours. Allowing it to "cure". If you want to put it on multiple times in 24 hours, you should use ZFX. Your car looks great, and I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal. Just a note for the others out there who are new to Zaino.

Just to add to your point, ZFX should only be used once a year for show cars and twice a year for daily drivers (as mentioned on the Zaino website).

Old 02-19-2005, 06:35 PM
It's not the critic......
Thanks erik7, good point, yes I used ZFX for all coats of polish......

Diesel1......I checked the Zaino website and found this for ZFX......I think they are saying that you SHOULD use it at least twice a year, but CAN use it as many times as you want.......

ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive should be used with Zaino Show Car Polish (Z-2 or Z-5, Z-3 for non clear coated) twice a year on an everyday car and once a year on a show car. Also, please reapply ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive after every ten coats of Zaino Show Car Polish (Z-2 or Z-5, Z-3 for non clear coated). ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive will never remove Zaino. Also the NEW ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive is an incredible product and could be used as often as you like... it's up to you. It will tighten up and strengthen the polish system and increase the gloss

Old 02-19-2005, 08:46 PM
I didn't read this entire thread, so I hope I'm not repeating anything. I heard so many good things about Zaino that I ordered some myself. I tried it and was impressed with the results. But I have to be honest with you, the hassle of ordering it and waiting for it to arrive, combined with the higher price made me go back to products sold at my local car place. I can't tell the difference between Zaino and what I'm currently using. My advise: Support your local economy and experiment with various products your local high-end automotive supply store sells until you find a combination that both provides a beautiful shine and is durable. Good luck.

Old 02-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by thewheelman
I am looking to apply Zaino to a new G35, but I have some issues with the value of some of the products.

Specifically, the claybar @ $25 seems high. The 2 claybays are very small in the kit pictures (look like 2 Mars bars). Other clay bars I have seen are much larger..closer to a brick size.

Is one clay bar as good as any other?
The Zaino polishes are top of the line, but save yourself some cash and go buy a cheap Mother's claybar, there is nothing special about Zaino's claybar. Save your money for Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6, etc.

The claybar process really make a difference, and I would recommend it. I especially could "hear" the bar pulling off debris from the rear part of the car like the bumper and rear quarters, most likely rail dust...