Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best Car Wash Products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Car Wash Products

Its time

With all the unusual and unexpected rain in SoCal...I have not even thought about washing my 2.5 week old 05 G35C. However, the sun is out and I have to let my baby shine. I refuse to go to the dirty towel guys down the road for a car wash so I am researching what you guys use to clean your cars.

I have heard a lot about Zaino...is this the best? I hear it is a system and not just one product. Is this a short term or long term product (meaning in the short term, it looks good but will eventually ruin the car's paint). I appreciate all the advice.

btw, diamond graphite really hides the dirt well ;-)

Old 01-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Location: Phoenix, AZ -- why people live in the middle of the desert baffles me
zaino is very good and safe for your car.

i would recommend klasse AIO if you really like clean, zaino if you really like shine, and zymol (which you can pick up at target or autozone) if you really like time.

Old 01-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Did my first wax with Zaino on my new G a couple of weeks ago. The stuff is amazing. Many on this site have high praise for the product and I can now add my name to that list.

In all of my reading of threads about Zaino, I can find no negatives other than the time it takes the first time around. However, this is paid back by a spectacular shine and one that last at least 6 months.

Old 01-17-2005, 06:33 PM
You might also consider Meguir's Gold Class. A little more readily available and just as good as Zaino or Mother's IMO. I waxed my new DG G35C the day after I got it and it it was like a mirror.

Old 01-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just tried Meguiar's new line... NXT or something. Super quick and easy. My GFs black 99 accord looks great after using it. The wax isn't your standard wax. Theres no white particles to speak of. I believe it's all synthetic. Anways, it was fast and painless to use and is a hell of alot cheaper than Zaino. I had to wash/wax quick (also in socal and this past weekend was just amazing) so didn't want to wait to order those products. I too have DG (sedan) and it does hide dirt well

I have pics at home which I'll post later on.

[edit]
here's the stuff i used. gonna be trying out their other products too. it really was the easiest i've used in a while and awesome results.

http://www.meguiars.com/newproducts05/nxt_home.cfm

Last edited by FrizzleFry; 01-17-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Check out the Detailing forum on this site or Autopia website for serious detailing discussion. I use Zaino and it is amazing. It also lasts a long time. The water still beads up 4 months after I applied it.

I bought 303 aerospace protectant for my vinyl surfaces and the back seat headrests to block UV. Zaino's tire shine is good but not extremely 'wet' looking, but it does not sling grease on your car like other ones. I also used Zaino's leather cleaner/conditioner, but I've heard Lexol is good too.

Old 01-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Banned
Shinningmonkey.com...you Will Use No Other Product After You Use This...the Guy Who Owns Shinning Monkey Is The Couz Of My Friend And I Recomend This Better Than Mothers Or Mcguiers...

Old 01-17-2005, 07:12 PM
besides Zaino, use Eagle One Nano wax - almost zero residue, very easy to buff off, plus it comes with its own microfiber towel.

and in between washes, use either eagle one wax-as-u-dry or rain x spray wax just before drying a washed car. you will be amazed

Old 01-18-2005, 10:51 AM
I use the NTX line also it works really good for a store product. I do think I will try the zaino in the summer though but the NTX product line is very good.

Old 01-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Do any of you clay bar before you wax? If any of you do, how long does it take? I heard that you should clay bar first to get all the particles off your car.

Old 01-18-2005, 11:27 AM
first of all i think its best to get good stuff to do normal washes, before worrying about waxes,sealants,etc.
get a genuine sheepskin mitt two buckets, and a couple waffle weave microfiber towels. get some good car wash too (Nxt and similar are all ok), dont use detergent.
Wash in a front to back motion with the mitt and dry in the same way. If the car's really dirty then the two buckett technique lets you dip the dirty mitt into one bucket and then dip it into the 2nd clean water bucket before washing more of the car. It helps to make sure you dont put the dirt you took off back on. I'd say this technique isnt necessary but the sheepskin mitt and waffle weave towel are both must-haves.

When thats done (and done properly) you can start to look into claying waxing and polishing.
If I were you I would try Vanilla Moose Wax and then EX-P.. I'm using it on my black G and I like it.. very reflective albit not as deep as some waxes might be. Next time around I'll try a carnumba based solution and I'll see how that goes. I dont care for zaino personally. YMMV.

Old 01-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mikevle
Do any of you clay bar before you wax? If any of you do, how long does it take? I heard that you should clay bar first to get all the particles off your car.
I do that all the time. It doesn't take long. But I don't do the whole car. I feel the car first to determine which parts need to be clayed. (When you clay a body panel, you'll see how smooth it makes it). Anyways, usually only parts of the front bumper, hood, and roof need claying. Takes about 5 minutes.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Meguiar's car wash, Meguiar's NXT wax, Pinnacle Wax, and No Touch Tire protect is what I use.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by sen_jen
Meguiar's car wash, Meguiar's NXT wax, Pinnacle Wax, and No Touch Tire protect is what I use.
Just don't get any of the spray on tire dressing on your rims. They are caustic. (There is usually a warning on the bottle). Personally, I like the Meguiars High Gloss Endurance gel. Pretty easy to put on, and it lasts longer IMHO than any of the No Touch sprays I've used. Also, if you don't let the spray dressing dry thoroughly, it's been known to fling onto your car when you drive, and discolor your body panels. Especially on lighter colored cars.

Old 01-18-2005, 02:41 PM
I don't know if anyone knows about ACI products but Hawaii... But surely ACI is #1 down here... Almost any car dealer on the island uses the product due to cost and a great quality...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Car Wash Products