Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

How to wash our Black G???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2005 | 02:15 AM
|
How to wash our Black G???

Hi all,

Yeah, I know black is the hardest car to take care of. But I really love it when its clean. I'm wondering, what sort of sponge do I use to wash the car with??? I'm planning to use Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash, but I'm looking for something that won't cause scratches on my car while cleaning. What special technique would I use while cleaning as well to prevent swirls? When I got my car, I also had gotten this exterior paint protection package. It’s not on my car yet, but I'm getting it apply in a few weeks. So I guess I want to prevent as much scratches as possible before my dealership applies this protection. They said that I didn't have to wax my car again, really don't know if this is true or not. They also said that it will keep the paint together better then stock. Since we have soft paint on our cars, I figure that this exterior protection is a good thing. Should I get a clear bra installed too as well? Even with this exterior protection that I will be getting?

Please let me know, since I will be washing my car for the first time in the next few days. Thanks everybody.

Old 01-24-2005 | 02:22 AM
When exactly is the dealer applying the PPP? If it were me, I would try and wait until they put it on before you give your car its first wash. This way, when they apply the protection film you know your car will be scratch free. Personally, I tried everything in the beginning to keep my black G swirl/scratch free. It didn't happen because all it takes is 1 bad cloth to kill it.

Basically, you want to use a microfiber cloth for your car and nothing else. Terry cloth towels will cause light swirls and will eventually build up if you keep using it. If you ever drop your cloth, you need to use a new one. If the cloth picks up tiny rocks or any form of dirt and you go over the car with it, your scratch/swirl free plan is gone.

Old 01-24-2005 | 02:36 AM
|
I haven't setup an appointment yet, I will tomorrow. The dealership told me that there was a 20 days waiting period. He also told me that I would get a call in 2 days for an appointment, and its been more then that now. Oh wellz, but they are gonna give me a loaner car while they do this process, which I think takes 1-2 days. But not washing my car for the next weeks, thats brutal.

Old 01-25-2005 | 05:34 PM
wunautica,

i had gm put a paint protection package on my former vette (not sure if it's the same as infiniti's)... and from my experience it was the biggest waste of money i ever spent. after 6 months... i saw the usual wear and tear on my car. if i were u... i would rather save the money and spend it on a clear bra. i'm wondering if anyone else has had any experience with a protection package?

-regards.

Old 01-26-2005 | 04:19 PM
There's a tip here on Washing Your Car as well as other tips:

http://detailingtips.blogspot.com/

If you wash correctly, you can minimize spider webbing, swirls and fine scratches.

Old 01-26-2005 | 04:56 PM
Any one use Mr. Clean?

Anyone using Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash? I have heard good and bad about using this. I haven't used it, but I heard that it contains detergents similar to dishwashing detergent that gives it the "spot free" look they claim it does. Are these detergents safe for waxes and the clear-coat? Has research been done on this? I just don't know if I trust it for my G yet!

Old 01-30-2005 | 03:47 PM
Wink

how keep a black new
1. garage it
2.wash once a week hand wash only
3. use miro fiber towels
4.hand wax once a month meg. gtx tek wax
5. use spray wax in betweet washes
6. 4-6 months clay it and hand wax , zaino is very good

pics wax wax
http://home.comcast.net/~neil.r/G35/

Last edited by 6969g35; 01-30-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2005 | 03:51 PM
FRP
I have owned 2 different black cars and can say I like the auto dry system. Will be using it on my new 6mt. As for wax Zaino is my choice and I have used GTX which is good also

Old 01-31-2005 | 11:32 PM
|
Thanks for all the replies folks....I got the Hendrick's Autoguard applied a few days ago. It wasn't thoroughly done, but they did a decent job. My interior leather looks darker now though, which is good. But I'm sure its gonna fade away to more of a light black...oh wellz....Anyways...with this exterior/interior protection, they also gave me this exterior renewal bottle, which states for me to apply every 6 months. This won't be wax correct? They said that I don't ever have to wax my car, is this true? They also gave me a bottle for leather protection, which I guess I would apply like once a month to prevent any leather damages. Other bottle for stain removal and one last bottle for something..hehe.

I got the Auto Dry Pro system, was $35 at Walmart. Anyways, it comes with a mitt to wash your car. But I'm wondering, what sorta sponge or mitt would you recommend to prevent swirls and scratches? What material as well. I know not to use an regular sponge.

Wellz, where could I find me some Zaino? or GTX? In regards to retail stores that is.

Last edited by wunautica; 01-31-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2005 | 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by 05GSedan
Anyone using Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash? I have heard good and bad about using this. I haven't used it, but I heard that it contains detergents similar to dishwashing detergent that gives it the "spot free" look they claim it does. Are these detergents safe for waxes and the clear-coat? Has research been done on this? I just don't know if I trust it for my G yet!
Don't use the Mr. Clean Auto-Dry product!!! DO a search on G35Driver.com; see my (and others) full experiences with this product. I have a black G35 Sedan and used the Mr. Clean product once; followed the instructions to a "T" and 1. it left this horrible white film on my car (I believe the soap dried into the paint before it rinsed off and the "spot-free rinse" is crap...doesn't always work in some areas). I had to rewax my entire car with Klasse AIO to get it all off. AND 2. it does not save time; in fact, it takes MORE time to wash your car with this product than if you do it the old fashioned way. The Mr. Clean Auto-Dry is a waste of $$ imo.

A much better suggestion is to use the Big Blue II super-absorbant microweave towels to completely dry your entire car in 4 minutes! Now, these things work great and last a long time. See www.properautocare.com/bigbludryint.html

Attached Thumbnails How to wash our Black G???-bgoren-g35-sedan.jpg   How to wash our Black G???-bsgoren-g35-sedan-rear.jpg  

Last edited by bsgoren; 02-01-2005 at 10:07 AM.