Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino ZFX Dried up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino ZFX Dried up

So I washed my G this weekend and got an unpleasant surprise when I wanted to start waxing it. I took out my ZFX kit and put 1 ounce of z2 polish into the bottle. Then I opend up the ZFX and nothing comes out. I look closely at the bottle and it dried up and turned into a gel. I was so pissed. I just bought it in May of this year. I only used it like 4 times since then. So I called up my Zaino rep and he replaced it for me. He told me that there were a few others who had the same problem. Of course when I went there I got suckered into buying more Zaino stuff but hey I had to try the new Z8 (smells like peaches) and Leather in a bottle. Man I'm a sucker.

I stored it in it's containter fully capped and in a shaddy spot in my apartment. I don't know if it's just the hot weather in Hawaii or maybe just a bad batch. I think I'm going to store it in our wine cellar from now on.

Just wanted to let everyone know if they bought the ZFX kit to check it and make sure it didn't dry up.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 AM
Same thing happened to me. Left it in my hot garage. I now keep it in my air conditioned house.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by msmcintosh
Same thing happened to me. Left it in my hot garage. I now keep it in my air conditioned house.
+1. Expensive lesson.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:45 AM
whether it's ZFX or any other detailing product, you have to be careful about leaving it for extended periods of time in extreme temps (cold or hot).

Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 PM
I certainly did learn my lesson as I think I had only used four drops out of it!

Old 08-17-2005, 12:29 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny that I see this thread. I just looked at my ZFX yesterday, under 4 months old and always kept in my room, still turned into gel. I'm calling up Zaino in a couple of weeks before I redo my entire car.

Old 08-17-2005, 03:13 PM
I got it replaced for free. But I buy mines from a local rep so I don't pay shipping.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh noes, hope I dont get home (August 21st) and see this happen to me. Need to detail my G if it got covered up in dust due to storage...

Old 08-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I'd like to ask a question. First off I really like Zaino products, BUT-
Is ZFX necessary if you are only doing a single coat of polish on the same day and it is warm out?
I have given my G35 1 coat of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2 this summer, but on separate days without ZFX with no problems.
I read this thread this morning and I gave my G another coat of Z2 but this time with ZFX. I really didn't notice any difference. .
What's the scoop? Is it only benificial if it is cooler , high humidity and you want to do multiple coats in the same day. Or is it just a gimmic to sell another product.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I'd like to ask a question. First off I really like Zaino products, BUT-
Is ZFX necessary if you are only doing a single coat of polish on the same day and it is warm out?
I have given my G35 1 coat of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2 this summer, but on separate days without ZFX with no problems.
I read this thread this morning and I gave my G another coat of Z2 but this time with ZFX. I really didn't notice any difference. .
What's the scoop? Is it only benificial if it is cooler , high humidity and you want to do multiple coats in the same day. Or is it just a gimmic to sell another product.
I only use it when I'm doing multiple coats. It seems to help cure the Z2 faster so you can layer them without waiting 24 hours. When I'm doing one coat (which is pretty much always now) I don't bother with ZFX.

Just a tip for you Zaino junkies like me - when you have 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, whatever coats on the car and are happy with it's durability, try applying a coat of carnuba, like mothers, poorboys natty, souveran... it really adds to the depth of the finish. It's less durable, so you'll have to re-apply every 2-3 weeks, but it does look very good over Zaino.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:14 PM
+1 to picus112, even tho it goes against what sal zaino says

Old 08-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by tkman00
whether it's ZFX or any other detailing product, you have to be careful about leaving it for extended periods of time in extreme temps (cold or hot).
In a panic I just went out and checked the ZFX (and other Zaino products) that have spent the very hot Washington, DC, summer exposed to 90+ degree temps and see no sign that anything suffered from that extreme.

I did, however, bring the ZFX inside as a precaution. I guess maybe I just lucked out, but I see no warning on the bottles to avoid temperature "extremes."

Old 08-18-2005, 09:16 AM
typically you won't find this on the warning label, however i can tell you from experience that there are products out there that will chemically seperate due to time or exposure to extreme temps. while 90 may not necessarily be considered extreme, it's generally better idea to leave that kind of stuff indoors or in a cool shaded area. same applies in the winter.

Last edited by tkman00; 08-18-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
I only use it when I'm doing multiple coats. It seems to help cure the Z2 faster so you can layer them without waiting 24 hours. When I'm doing one coat (which is pretty much always now) I don't bother with ZFX.

Just a tip for you Zaino junkies like me - when you have 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, whatever coats on the car and are happy with it's durability, try applying a coat of carnuba, like mothers, poorboys natty, souveran... it really adds to the depth of the finish. It's less durable, so you'll have to re-apply every 2-3 weeks, but it does look very good over Zaino.
Thanks for the input picus, I only have the energy for 1 coat per day, so I will do like I have been and skip the ZFX.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by tkman00
typically you won't find this on the warning label, however i can tell you from experience that there are products out there that will chemically seperate due to time or exposure to extreme temps. while 90 may not necessarily be considered extreme, it's generally better idea to leave that kind of stuff indoors or in a cool shaded area. same applies in the winter.
I kept mine indoors in a shaddy place and it still turned into gel.

SaltiDawg was right there is no warning label.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zaino ZFX Dried up