Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Bought a new G that's in the shop after 1 day......help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought a new G that's in the shop after 1 day......help

After I took my new black G home, i noticed some weird indentations on the driver side rear quarter panel. There are small marks that look like tiny dents, not scratches though almost like little air bubbles but dented in. Probably not too noticeable if it wasn't your car, but since it's mine I did. I took it to the dealer today and he said most likely it was due to the car being driven with the original white taping on it. They said they would fix it free of charge, but my question is whether or not too fix it. They said they would try to buff it out with a "water duster"(not sure if this was correct term). something that would take very fine sand paper with water or something. I haven't heard of this so I wanted your guys take on it.
Should I do it? also they said if this wouldn't work, then they would re-paint it which from what i gather is a no no.....
Any recomendations on what to do would be greatly appreciated. The car is at the dealer now so I need to decide what I'm going to do by tomorrow mid morning.
Also, is there any way i can not get it fixed and get something else in return, clear bra?
Thanks!

Old 08-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course have them fix it....And if it doesn't look like it should, raise a big stink, threaten to call Infiniti Headquarters, etc. etc. etc.....

You are entitled to a perfectly good condition car when you buy it. And nag them until they throw in free stuff too...Why not?

Old 08-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree. Like I said in the other thread I'd either get a quote from a real detailer and have them pay it, or if they won't ask for a different car.