Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What car wash soap do you use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What car wash soap do you use?

I ordered the Zaino car wash soap (amongst other products) and have been using that to wash the G. While the Zaino polishes are relatively unique in what they do, I'm wondering if the Zaino car wash is basically like every car wash soap on the shelf? What type of car wash soap does everyone use and do you achieve good results with it?

Old 10-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alot of companies outsource the actual mixing of their products. in particular warren chemical of torrance (i think that's where they are) supply alot of companies with various formulas for polishes, waxes, soap, etc.

I use Menzerna Auto Shampoo and Meguiar's Hyper Dressing. Hyper dressing because it has such a high dilution ratio. You want to make sure it has high sudsing and lubricating capability and isn't harsh.

Old 10-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Staff ALUMNI
When I don't send my car out for a bath at the hand car washed and I do it myself I use DyNA Paintwork Shampoo by Detailing Dynamics.

There is a difference you can see and not just by me. Other G buddies come up to me and ask what I've done to the car which is nothing other than giving it a bath with this stuff. Now I have the hand car wash use it all the time on my car.

Old 10-27-2005, 01:52 PM
+1 for Detailing DYnamics suds! The best ever! LIl pricey but if you use as directed, it lasts a long time! No need to use half a bottle of soap for a wash!

Old 10-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Meguiars gold class

Old 10-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Description: The DyNA Paintwork Shampoo™ is a special breed of car wash that exhibits exceptional lubricity and prevents water spots even in direct sunlight. It floats dirt safely away and rinses clean while leaving your wax coating in place. Use only a capful or two for a bucket of water. Safe for all surfaces. 20 fl.oz./(591 mL)

Directions:

* Do not let product freeze.
* Fill DyNA Pro Wash Bucket half way with clean water.
* Add one to two capfuls of Paintwork Shampoo™ and stir.
* Rinse entire automobile thoroughly with water.
* Start washing from the top of the car by loading up the DyNA Wool Sea Sponge or DyNA Sheepskin Wash Mitt with Shampoo and squeezing out over each panel. (For convertible rag tops, use the DyNA Shampoo Brush: Natural Horsehair Brush for Rag Top/Fabric Interiors).
* Gently wash in straight back and forth motion with no downward pressure.
* Rinse the sponge/mitt in a separate pail of clean water after each panel, load sponge with Shampoo and repeat.
* Rinse thoroughly with cold water and dry with the DyNA Superior Drying MicroWeave™ Towel.
* For a stunning shine follow with Liquid Gloss™ spray.

That's what's listed in the product description... so... ummm stir? No sudsing? Interesting.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
When I use a regular wash it's Poorboys SSS. Normally I use QEW because of my parking situation.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:23 PM
The main thing you want to make sure you have in a shampoo is conditioners. Soaps like most dish washing soaps don't have conditioners and they will strip waxes and other essential oils to the paint. I have used many good shampoos with conditioners. Menzerna Auto Shampoo is great, Poorboy's World Super Slick and Suds, Clear Kote are all good. The only one that I have used that I would rate as exceptional would be the P21S Bodywork Consitioning Shampoo. This soap just seemed to have so much lubrication compared to other soaps and do such a good job. It costs a little more but I think its worth it. All four brands I listed are very good and you would be more than fine with anyone of them.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Mr. Clean but i might be switching to Zaino soon.

Old 10-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by Beta99
Mr. Clean but i might be switching to Zaino soon.
+1 on the Mista Clean Applicator Only.

I use it to rinse off the car (filters the water) and like they say no need to wipe it down and yes no spots what so ever.

When I do wash the G I wash normally with a bucket etc. Then rinse with the Mista Clean Applicator. The key is the water filter in the applicator. No spots anywhere, chrome, glass, paint etc. The wheel got re-invented with this puppy.

Old 10-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by O NO
+1 on the Mista Clean Applicator Only.

I use it to rinse off the car (filters the water) and like they say no need to wipe it down and yes no spots what so ever.

When I do wash the G I wash normally with a bucket etc. Then rinse with the Mista Clean Applicator. The key is the water filter in the applicator. No spots anywhere, chrome, glass, paint etc. The wheel got re-invented with this puppy.
Where are you located?
I am in SoCal and using the filter thing still leave water spots all over.

Old 10-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by G35Luver
Where are you located?
I am in SoCal and using the filter thing still leave water spots all over.
that means you're not rinsing the car completely. i've used it before on a black car and no spots. didn't really like using it though. but only time i would ever see a need for that is if you're washing in the sun... which i don't do anyways.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:01 PM
G SQUAD
Since I happen to be using Zaino sealant, I tend to stick w/ the Zaino car wash for the most part.

With that said . . .

+2 on the DyNA Paintwork Shampoo by Detailing Dynamics. By far, I mean really far, the best car wash shampoo I have ever used. Works well no matter what is on your car with respect to sealants/wax (for example, Zaino), won't leave any spots (from the soap that is), has an effective detergent action, and has great lubricity. Has built in water softners so that you can wash in the sun.

When I wash in the sun w/ Zaino car wash it leaves NASTY soap spots, no matter how careful I am to rinse constantly and not let any of the water or soap dry on the car. It just doesn't play nice with paint or glass when the surface is hot. The DyNA paint wash does NOT have this problem.

As far as I've learned . . . Sudsing is a gimmick. Suds are not where the money's at when washing your ride. It's all about lubricity. This is the concept of lifting dirt off the surface and floating it away so that when you move the sponge back and forth you don't scratch the paint.

Another worthy mention on the less expensive side is the Meguires NXT car wash. For the price (like 4 bucks on sale for the big jug), it's pretty decent stuff. I tend to use this on the wheels.

Last edited by bigbadbooda; 10-27-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by bigbadbooda
Since I happen to be using Zaino sealant, I tend to stick w/ the Zaino car wash for the most part.

With that said . . .

+2 on the DyNA Paintwork Shampoo by Detailing Dynamics. By far, I mean really far, the best car wash shampoo I have ever used. Works well no matter what is on your car with respect to sealants/wax (for example, Zaino), won't leave any spots (from the soap that is), has an effective detergent action, and has great lubricity. Has built in water softners so that you can wash in the sun.

When I wash in the sun w/ Zaino car wash it leaves NASTY soap spots, no matter how careful I am to rinse constantly and not let any of the water or soap dry on the car. It just doesn't play nice with paint or glass when the surface is hot. The DyNA paint wash does NOT have this problem.

As far as I've learned . . . Sudsing is a gimmick. Suds are not where the money's at when washing your ride. It's all about lubricity. This is the concept of lifting dirt off the surface and floating it away so that when you move the sponge back and forth you don't scratch the paint.

Another worthy mention on the less expensive side is the Meguires NXT car wash. For the price (like 4 bucks on sale for the big jug), it's pretty decent stuff. I tend to use this on the wheels.
The same can be said for suds... the keep the dirt off the surface of your paint. Now to prove either of these concepts would require far more knowledge and research than I would care to do. But hey I'm always willing to learn. So if anyone is so inclined, shed some light on this topic.

i may as well post this question over at Autopia.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:07 AM
To be honest I've used Meguairs and some other car soaps and so far I've been happiest with the Turtle Wax ... the one with the blue WRX on front.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What car wash soap do you use?