Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What to get for the winter?

Old 11-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to get for the winter?

I am in need of products that will protect my paint and gloss this winter? i just recently got my G and this is the first winter i have had with it. i do have the ability to wash it during the winter by pulling it into my garage and washing it. i know that Zanio products are the best. so what should i get? i dont think that the price would be a problem as long as it isn't an insane amount. any advice would be greatly apprecited. Thanks.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:49 PM
► Matt ◄
i dont ever touch my G in the winter theirs to much risk of scratching the paint with all the sand and dirt. I go through a touchless car wash every 2 or 3 days just to get the dirt off and i only wipe down the areas that are 100% clean. This will be my 3rd winter with my G and people ask me all the time if its brand new.

Matt

Old 11-21-2005, 01:44 AM
sorry i didn't make it to clear with what i meant. i want a protective coat on my paint to keep the paint from messing up. i think that if i lived somewhere that got alot of ice and snow to where that there is alot of salt and stuff on the road i probably wouldnt wash it either. but i live in arkansas so it gets pretty cold but not like it does in Mass.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:50 AM
I know the MOST recommended products will be Zaino and Klasse for their longevity.
BUT Collinite 845 Insulator wax topped with 915 can outlast those two sealants. (Do a search on autopia for collinite). The best advise is to clean and wax everything.I mean the back side of the fender lips,wheels(front and back),door jambs(especially the door bottoms).
When it gets above freezing I go to a self serve car wash and concentrate on the underside of the car as well. Flush the sand out of the wheel wells until the sand is COMPLETELY gone.

I also use a detail spray when ever possible. Choose a quality paint protectant and keep the car as clean as possible is all you can do. Think spring.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IW845 is an amazing product. You can clean during the winter safely using a product called Quick and Easy wash. It's a rinseless wash using a 2 bucket system and microfiber towels or mitts. I've recently started testing this product out on some cars and it's pretty amazing how clean it gets a vehicle without the need for a hose. Follow that with a coat or two of colinite 845 and you'll be good to go for the winter. Also apply to the wheels. Colinite 845 is relatively inexpensive and a bottle will last you many winters.

Klasse SG has long durability but is a paint to work with. I would not recommend Klasse Sealant Glaze.

Old 12-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Premier sealant on the market is Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket (FMJ) in my opinion. Easiest application/removal, amazing durability and of course most importantly looks amazing on the G. Every person I have talked to that has used it and fell in love with it. I highly recommend using it if you haven't tried it already, you won't go back.