Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Bee or Insect poop!!!????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bee or Insect poop!!!????

I live in So Cal. We have nice weather and nice weather sometimes brings out bees or insects that leave droppings on your car. Sometimes its a trail about 1/2" long and sometimes it's just a round dot.

I usually try to scratch them off with a finger nail, but can't always find them.

My question is how can this prevented? Second question, how do you remove the stain after you've picked off the poop? It seems that if the bee or insect poop is left on for an extended amount of time, it leaves an orange or dark yellow spot.

Tried paint cleaner, but no good. Seems like the poop has stained the clearcoat through. I keep a decent amount of wax on the car, too.

Steve

Bolocop
2003.5 G35 DP/Prem/Navi/Sport

Old 08-02-2003, 05:28 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: Bee or Insect poop!!!????

try claybar.....if that doesnt work, then use paint-thinner, make sure to wax over the spot afterwards,
i've never heard of bee or insect poop before, Bees usually poop in their nest in the honeycombs...their poop is actually honey. Yep thats where honey comes from, a Bee's buttocks

Maybe the droppings you are refferring to are actually Tree-sap. Try parking far away from leaves or trees. Always remove leaves off your car before the sap leaks onto the car.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/Grounding Kit

Old 08-02-2003, 09:33 PM

It's definitely from something that's airborne. I find these all the time on my car and can't figure out what creates these tiny poops on the car. I have a feeling it's from small birds or something. Bees did cross my mind.

-Rick
'03 G35C 6MT Ivory Pearl

Old 08-03-2003, 04:22 AM

Watch where you park......especially under trees where bird crap is likely to end up on the car. If you can't take it off yourself, you're better off taking your car to a professional detailer........he/she has the right tools and chemicals to help you remove scratches, oxidation, environmental fallout, etc. If you try to remove it yourself, be careful.........you just might end up doing more harm than good w/o proper knowledge of paint layers and the tools / chemicals you use on it.

Old 08-04-2003, 08:34 AM

Gee, mystery poop. Stuff will come off a bit easier and is less likely to sink down too far if you have a good layered protectant on your car--wax, Zaino, Zymol, Crystal Guard whatever.

Be very careful flicking it off, though. Poop from above often contains tiny grits of sand, seeds or other things that can scratch really easily. I usually remove this kind of debris with a quick strong blast from my hose. Have had to use mineral spirits a couple of times when it's stubborn. Of course, the sooner you can squirt it off after it hits, the better.

All that said, I'm on the East Coast and maybe you have different poop from above out there.

Dreams garnet fire/graphite leather 6MT 2003.5 premium/aero/winter

Old 08-06-2003, 11:13 AM

I know what you are talking about. I get that stuff on my car too. Unfortunately, I don't know of a good way to get it off the car. It seems to stain, even if you get it off immediately. Especially on the ivory. The stains seem to come and go. Maybe they fade after a while.

ETicketRide
2003 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl/Willow Premium/Sport/Tint

Old 08-07-2003, 03:51 AM

My bad... I really should start wearing underwear and taking tums.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:12 AM

Here's a good one. At work, my car got bombed in two places. One at the top of the door and one right in the middle of the door. I took out my Z6 and soaked it for a little bit then lightly brushed it off with a cotton towel. No scratches, but very nasty poop. Had to shake the towel off several times to get it out.

The one on the top was fine, but the one on the door left a brown/orange stain. Making sure it was clean, I applied Z6 a couple of more times. No luck. Nothing else to do but drive off. A few hours later when I got home, I held a light up to the door in the garage and I couldn't find any traces of the big bird poop. Must've been the vanishing kind. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>-Rick
'03 G35C 6MT Ivory Pearl</font color=blue>