Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

G35 Interior Cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the wheat interior and I can see every mark! I have the Meguiar's Leather Wipes but don't like the shine it leaves on my seat.. what else can be used to clean without shine?

I know a handful of interior dash cleaners were suggested but anything that can be found in local stores that actually cleans without leaving that shiney look? Particuarly in the NYC area?

Old 01-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Lexol 2 steps cleaner and conditioner.

Old 03-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
whats the best to lift off dirt on a wheat interior.. for the leather seats.. i tried lexol and they don't really work to well

Old 03-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Premier leather cleaner and conditioner is the Leatherique Prestine Clean and Rejuvenator. I've detailed professionally for years and this is by far the best leather cleaner and conditioner I've ever seen on the market. I've never found any product to condition the leather so well and really deep clean the surface. One of my largest customers had 90+k on his tricked out Navigator and the jeans he wore stained the seat blue. I really didn't think I had a chance of getting it all out but the Leatherique came through for me. Highly recommend it to anyone who wants the best for the leather.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
+1 on the Zaino for the leather (though Lexol and Connelly products are reputedly great too).

+1 on the 303 for all else.

For the glass, I use equal parts windex, vinegar, and water. I read in [hate to admit this] consumer reports that, in a test of almost 20 products, their own concoction, as mentioned, worked better than any one product, including the three ingredients tested on their own.

Tools

- Jcloth or microfibre, and white cotton towel for the glass.
- Cali mini duster to keep the interior looking good day to day
- very important- for your leather, wipe down with [Zaino] cleaner, then use a real hair shoe brush or something like (relatively soft) it to get into the grain gently on the leather- you'll be blown away how much additional filth comes out of the leather, and that is number one on the list of stuff that ruins leather if it stays put. Wipe again, and then condition.
-to avoid scratching the soft plastic for displays, I wipe carefully with the Cali duster, then, with minimal water "misted" only, wipe with a silk cloth (old pair of boxers works nicely, but I'll deny that's what the rag is to the death )

For G354Me, my last G was willow interior and the only way I could get the seats looking new was to use the Zaino cleaner and soft brush as above. I did have one spot on my vinyl driver's door armrest from a brand new black leather coat that I could not completely bring back, and so I went to a dealer who had a refurb product that was able to remove this.

Cheers,
Derek

Old 03-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was also pleased to see that the Zaino leather cleaner took the blue dye (from jeans) off my side-bolster on my seat! I thought it was going to be stained permanently.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lexol cleaner to clean all leather
lexol conditioner to condition all leather
woolite 6-9 : 1 mix with water, as needed, on carpets, plastics, doors panels, dash
303 on dash, door panels

Old 11-23-2015, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by D87
For the dash you might want to try 303 Aerospace Protectant. It gives the dash a matted finish rather than a shiny one (if that's what you're looking for) and also contains a UV protectant ingredient. Plus it repels dust!

For leather try a leather cleaner/conditioner like Meguiar's. You can pick these up at any auto store.

Oh and welcome to the board!
I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can answer, is 303 a cleaner or just used to protect after you have cleaned the dashboard?

I bought some 303 which I haven't used yet, I took some advice about diluted woolite, I used distilled water 1 part of woolite for 8 parts of water and cleaned the dashboard and pretty much all the interior including the leather seats, I then used a microfiber with distilled water and gave it a pass to remove any woolite mix that was left.

If I did this wrong please let me know.

Also, can you use 303 on the outside rubber next to the windows?

Any advice is much appreciated.