Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Got a DING and more....help on how to fix it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a DING and more....help on how to fix it.

Hi everybody,

I got a DING on my car, the only thing is that its on my right rear quarter panel. Please see the pic. I wish it was a at the door, which are so easy to fix. I went to a dent repair shop that uses only PDR. They wasn't able to do it because they couldn't get to the inside of the ding. The guy didn't want to mess with my interior because they had no idea how to take it apart. What would be the best way to repair this dent w/ as little cost as possible. The dent place told me to take it to the dealership, since they know how to take it part and put it all back together. I called the dealership, they were going to charge me an arm and a leg just to do it. 200 bux to take the interior on the back right side out, then 50 bux to put it all back together. This area that I'm talking bout is the right back passenger armrest. The dealership told me that they would have to take the backseats out too. Is the dealership telling me the truth?

I think this ding is too far from the trunk to go through there, this is according to the dent repair shop. Could I do this myself? Is there a lot of work to it? I hope that I will be able to get to it w/o taking the backseats off, lots of labor for just a small ding. PLEASE HELP!!!...THANKS

***I wanna take off my front bumper to get it painted. I tried to do a search because I remember reading up on it a while ago, but I can't find it anymore. Could someone help me out with this too?

Thanks,

Wu

Attached Thumbnails Got a DING and more....help on how to fix it.-ding.jpg  
Old 03-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The dealership told me that they would have to take the backseats out too. Is the dealership telling me the truth?
yes, you have to take the backseat out to remove all that.

Could I do this myself? Is there a lot of work to it?
probably, if it is just a dent & no paint damage, "Meatshackle" pulled apart that area and knocked a pretty deep door ding out himself with the backside of a screwdriver. I couldn't really even see where it was at after he got done. You might send him a msg about it.

There is a DIY for taking apart the rear 1/4 area on the forum somewhere, try a search.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanna take off my front bumper to get it painted
check the DIY section, i think there is a write up for pulling the headlights that has that info in it.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man i know how you feel. i just got a ding on the same exact location. it's about a quarter size. didn't have time to get it fix yet. please let me know how it goes.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:50 PM
I just got this dent in my quarter panel. The dent repair guy (mobile) said it was in a bad place & he could not get to the backside. The body shop wants to fill the dent & repaint. I'm very hesitant to give him $400 for this size dent & risk the possibility of mismatched paint. Just doesn't sound right.
It is above the rear tire but towards the passenger door (Sedan). I don't think the trunk would have access to it, but not sure.
Anyone have a solution?
BTW-hate to admit it but I caused the damage by letting a 2x4 fall off a wall rack & landed on my car

Attached Thumbnails Got a DING and more....help on how to fix it.-g35dent2.jpg  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Location: socal--not leavin this place, jus takin over it one venture at a time.
i knew these dents would be a real pain, i got one where u have ur sedan dent but on my coupe, a lil lower that the other guys and yeah taking it apart im hesitant.. wish there was a way to pull it out_

Old 03-15-2006, 11:24 PM
In a previous vehicle, I had a similar problem. The PDR guy had to drill a 1/4 inch (or so) hole to get his instruments thru (in the door sill). When done, he used an almost matching plastic patch to cover the small hole. While not thrilled with the hole, it was better than the ding...

sd_diver

Old 03-18-2006, 07:33 AM
I would have another Paintless dent removal place look at your dent. I feel it could be removed without drilling. I have seen much worse fixed without drilling or filling.

Last edited by buckwilly; 03-18-2006 at 07:37 AM.