Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clear Bra ASAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2003 | 06:00 PM
|
Clear Bra ASAP

I got BS for color. Will the bra make it look dull? What's a facility supposed to look like to get a good installation? I can't imagine a good installation in a dusty garage. I don't want to end up in a situation where I get a sub-standard job and not like it and get into a refund or have to take the car back to get fixed situation. What should I look for in this person's facility. I mean do they have dust filters ... I don't know. What's the standard?

Old 09-09-2003 | 06:53 PM
Re: Clear Bra ASAP

Just find someone that has done a lot of them before and knows all of the little tricks from all of the mistakes that they already made previously. My installer has been installing this stuff for years and he did a very professional job. Make sure that the installer does custom work and doesn't use the precut packages that some installers use that show the seams. My front bumper is totally one piece and is wrapped around everywhere, like the lights, the grill the fender wells, etc...

Old 09-09-2003 | 08:50 PM

Hi Fiebru,

I have a clearbra on my BS coupe. Like any other color, it makes the finish look orange peeled, but it doesn't make it look dull and it's difficult to see from more than 10 feet away.

It was a custom job, because there weren't many kits available and I wanted some extras that weren't in the few kits I found. They installed it in my garage, but as has been previously observed, it's all about the installer's experience level and motivation to do a good job. There have been a few edge trims required (all free, of course), but other than that, it's been perfect.

Good luck with the install!

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT Leather, BS, Prem

Old 10-13-2003 | 06:53 PM

Do NOT use kits that are not Pre-Cut. In six months after all of the extra free trimming has been done, YOU WILL see rust lines. Call This guy Frank (866) 444-6888. He did my car as well with a precut kit, and I am totally happy. No problems, no extra cutting, and very detailed. He is the same guy as gtorres used. I totally agree, he is probably one of the most qualified installers out there. He travels up, and down the entire East coast from NY to Florida. It is funny about the fact that he shaves his arms, but hey I don't want anyones arm hairs in my clear bra :-)