Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Pictures of detailed cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Pictures of detailed cars

I feel like throwing few pics of my detail work
G35-all car is done with Dawn, Clay bar, Menzerna Final polish(Intensive polish where necessary) and Blackfire. Rear half of driver's door is done with Z1/Z2. Can you tell the difference? Don't think so.
2005 Jetta-nice reflections, right? Well, it is not waxed at all-after Toronto salty winter. No surface prep is done-it's just washed.
Point is-all those nice reflective pictures are worth shiet. Surface prep is the key, if it is done right you can put donkey **** on it and it will look stunning.
Zaino makes you literally lick your paint to perfection and then claim that they are the "best". BS!
As a proof-I have full set of Zaino crap. I should have spent this money on crack.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big difference is that Zaino will last for 6 months in the harshest weather you can find, and I'm basing that off of 4 years of personal experience. Monterzerma's Revenge will last MAYBE 6 weeks. Oh, and to use your quote. "Can you tell the difference? I don't think so!"

A zaino kit containing Z2/Z5, ZFX, Clay Bar, and 3-4 bottles of Z6 will last me me several years. There are many products that will clean your call exceptionally well. None of them last as long as Zaino does.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by obender66
I feel like throwing few pics of my detail work
G35-all car is done with Dawn, Clay bar, Menzerna Final polish(Intensive polish where necessary) and Blackfire. Rear half of driver's door is done with Z1/Z2. Can you tell the difference? Don't think so.
2005 Jetta-nice reflections, right? Well, it is not waxed at all-after Toronto salty winter. No surface prep is done-it's just washed.
Point is-all those nice reflective pictures are worth shiet. Surface prep is the key, if it is done right you can put donkey **** on it and it will look stunning.
Zaino makes you literally lick your paint to perfection and then claim that they are the "best". BS!
As a proof-I have full set of Zaino crap. I should have spent this money on crack.

I'm not a big fan of zaino. Too much work for subpar results.

I don't understand why you used blackfire. That really works well
on darker colors. Protection is okay though.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Subpar results? LOL

Too much work for subpar results
I understand what you're saying about the amount of work it takes, but I don't think I've ever heard that Zaino yields subpar results. If I use Zaino twice a year, I'll spend less time waxing/polishing my car than the average guy who waxes once every 2 months will.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG123
The big difference is that Zaino will last for 6 months in the harshest weather you can find, and I'm basing that off of 4 years of personal experience. Monterzerma's Revenge will last MAYBE 6 weeks.
You nailed it.

Who cares what they look like 5 seconds after you finished? Come back in a few months and show me...

Old 05-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually, while the durabilty of Zaino is very good there are a number of sealants that are as, or almost as good in terms of durabilty. Klasse SG, Jeffs Werkstatt, Poorboys EX-P, Menzerna FMJ will all last 4-6 months for the same or less cost. Zaino is definitely a good product, but anyone who claims anything is "the best" in the detailing just means "their favorite".

I often wonder why it is Zaino caught on so much where others didn't - I think it's as a result of good marketing and a product that contains regimented instructions from the wash on up (dawn, clay, z2 w/zfx, z5, etc...). Sal definitely know what he is doing. Anyway, I use Zaino on customer cars all the time - it's good stuff, just saying that if you break down cost per use (including zfx) there are definitely other products that are on par with Zaino.

Last edited by Picus; 05-14-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:05 AM
+1 for Klasse SG and Poorboy's EX-P.

Old 05-14-2006, 01:22 AM
do you have pictures of one washed in donkey ****? that's the one I want to see!

Old 05-14-2006, 02:27 AM
no question

Originally Posted by picus112
while the durabilty of Zaino is very good there are a number of sealants that are as, or almost as good in terms of durabilty.
I responded to a couple of posts that referred to Zaino as garbage. I've been detailing cars for 20+ years, and I've worked with a lot of products that I consider to be garbage. Zaino is a cutting edge product. If applied properly it yields as good of a result as you can find out there. Are there other products that work as well? Probably. Again, that's not the issue I responded to.

Automotive message boards such as this are a great source of info, but there is a also a subpopulation of people who display blind loyalty to the products they use. I drive an Infiniti G35, but I wouldn't call an Acura TL "crap."

Old 05-14-2006, 05:03 AM
you guys are all NUTS.... too much free time on your hands to spend hours and hours waxing the car......... sigh.......... i wish i had the time..... i just use mcguire's nxt and i love it....... not too difficult to use though....

Old 05-14-2006, 05:22 AM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by davisfactor
do you have pictures of one washed in donkey ****? that's the one I want to see!
+1

LOL

Old 05-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The big difference is that Zaino will last for 6 months in the harshest weather you can find None of them last as long as Zaino does.
^^+1

Old 05-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everyone shut up!!!
hehe
Tell me how to view those damn images!!!
"Web Browser is Not Capable of Using this Feature:"
i tried firefox and explorer, and still no luck...

Old 05-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I responded to a couple of posts that referred to Zaino as garbage. I've been detailing cars for 20+ years, and I've worked with a lot of products that I consider to be garbage. Zaino is a cutting edge product. If applied properly it yields as good of a result as you can find out there. Are there other products that work as well? Probably. Again, that's not the issue I responded to.
I totally agree. I was replying in particular to this comment.

There are many products that will clean your call exceptionally well. None of them last as long as Zaino does.
This is not true. Zaino, while very long lasting, has not been shown to last longer than some of the other sealants I mentioned, or even some carnauba's. I'm not trying to argue and again, Zaino is a *fine* product, I am just a little weary of people saying Zaino is the longest lasting sealant on the market - it isn't. Cheers.

Last edited by Picus; 05-14-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

[/QUOTE]

Umm....would you please pack up your Zaino crap....and send it all to me.

I'm very happy using it and would love to get it out of your sight......