Tech Question-Brake/VDC/SLIP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry Tech Question-Brake/VDC/SLIP

Got a question for you guys on this...I got the fuel recall done and since then I've had my VDC,BRAKE light and SLIP lights all turn solid (only on really cold days) and only turning off the car will get rid of them. Is there a possibility they screwed around with something when they dropped the rear end due to the lines being replace?

In addition to this; when I break hard I still feel the ABS working but my Brake light turns on and then turns back off?

Anyone has any ideas please let me know. I know..I know..I got screwd when I bought this car.....

Thanks,
JD

Old 01-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the same problem to the car to the dealer. I was told i need new brake pads in the back and my rotors resurfaced. I am going to do the job myself this weekend. If this doesn't work then i will go back to the dealership. Even when i turn my car off the lights don't go away.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:20 PM
check your brake fluid...some folks have these symptoms when the brake fluid is low...top it off at max it may be just that. let me know if that helps.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gqong
check your brake fluid...some folks have these symptoms when the brake fluid is low...top it off at max it may be just that. let me know if that helps.
Thanks man, I guess because I still think of the car as being new (3yrs) later, I tend to forget the obvious things; guess I'll just do a brake flush and see how that works out; it's overdue for one anyways. Hopefully that's what's causing the VDC/SLIP to kick on on cold days??

Old 01-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by bambam26
Had the same problem to the car to the dealer. I was told i need new brake pads in the back and my rotors resurfaced. I am going to do the job myself this weekend. If this doesn't work then i will go back to the dealership. Even when i turn my car off the lights don't go away.
Let me know if this fixes the prob for ya. I'm thinking bout doing it this weekend but it's supposed to get freakin cold; I did my brakes last time in freezing weather and it was not fun.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:52 PM
^^^ Yeah I hate the cold weather ^^^

Old 01-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by doomsday123
^^^ Yeah I hate the cold weather ^^^
FUUUUUUUUK, I'M GONNA BLOW THIS DAMN CAR UP....NOW I REALLY NEED HELP GUYS....I GUESS I'VE DEVELOPED A MAGICAL SHORT DUE TO THE COLD WEATHER....

MY LIGHTS AND FOGS ARE NOW COMING ON/OFF, A/C, BACKLIGHTS ON AND OFF REGARLDESS IF THE LIGHTS ARE COMPLETELY OFF AS WELL AS THE A/C. ANY IDEAS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH MY CAR....OF COURSE I'M STILL STUCK WITH THE VDC/SLIP LIGHTS ON....AND YES, THE VDC/SLIP ARE NOT WORKING...FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Jd, I think it's time to look for another car.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Cool

JD,
Either wait for a 2008 Coupe or get a 2007 Sedan.
Check out Hikos G it looks sweet.
https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...52&postcount=6

Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JD i I would definately look for a new G......this is unreal...on top of all the other malfunctions you have had with the car.....

Old 01-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Something like this is difficult to diagnose, so I'm really poking in the dark.

You say this started happening after they did the fuel recall?
This hasn't happened before in cold weather?
Does your cruise control still work?

I guess they had to drop the rear differential to change your fuel lines. I recall there are two speed sensors on the rear pumpkin. I wonder if somehow these sensors did not get reconnected properly or are loose.

BTW, what are your tires sizes with the new rims that you have? Perhaps you've burned off enough rubber from the rear, making the diameter of the rear too close to the front diameter.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:52 PM
OK, I think I've ticked off the man up above....don't laugh guys...well yeah, go ahead and laugh....all lights are off now...and the "service engine soon" light is now on....something is really amiss.....while all this was happening I was noticing fluctuations in voltage as well...checked all fuses, battery, etc and everything was OK...IF THEY jacked something up on the rear sensors....I'll be coming out on fox 4 news 2nite....to be continued...

P.S. If you have the G35 Crap Edition like mine...your tach/sped will start working if you turn on the defroster....

Tires still have some meat on them so that shouldn't be a prob...blaming something electrical...which I'm sure will cost me a few hundred bucks...

Should I take out the "flux capacitor" out??? Maybe because I bought the APC brand?!?!? HA HA HA HA...

Originally Posted by firefox
Something like this is difficult to diagnose, so I'm really poking in the dark.

You say this started happening after they did the fuel recall?
This hasn't happened before in cold weather?
Does your cruise control still work?

I guess they had to drop the rear differential to change your fuel lines. I recall there are two speed sensors on the rear pumpkin. I wonder if somehow these sensors did not get reconnected properly or are loose.

BTW, what are your tires sizes with the new rims that you have? Perhaps you've burned off enough rubber from the rear, making the diameter of the rear too close to the front diameter.

Last edited by JD_AND_DA_G_RIDE; 01-16-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
JD, are you out of warranty? Why not just bring it back to Grubbs and tell them what happened??

Old 01-17-2007, 01:43 PM
my vcd/slip/brake lights are also on, except there hasnt been anything done to the since i've had it (aug of this month) except for oil changes...im taking it to the dealer this weekend....hopefully it wont break the bank...

Old 01-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by schoenzy
my vcd/slip/brake lights are also on, except there hasnt been anything done to the since i've had it (aug of this month) except for oil changes...im taking it to the dealer this weekend....hopefully it wont break the bank...
Well turns out that they could not duplicate...OF COURSE..JUST MY LUCK...but the battery was bad so I just got a new battery and the drive belts replaced as they were cracked and I think kinda lose cause I heard a couple of squeeks but I thought it was just all the rain...we'll see if it happens again. Maybe it was the belt an low battery combo but still kinda weird.

Brake light is gone - turns out I was super low on brake fluid...my bad...still planning on flushing it. I've normally done this with another person; is it possible to bleed the system with just one person alone??

VDC/SLIP - per Sewell my pads are almost to indicators and it's throwing the VDC/SLIP off/on.

Oh yeah, if it's your brakes..do them yourself....I was quoted $700 for front/back brembos...HA...ridiculous...I got some satisfied ceramics all around for under $100 last time....what a rip off...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tech Question-Brake/VDC/SLIP