Toyota of Lewisville - no good!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:26 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs down Toyota of Lewisville - no good!

So this morning I went to Toyota of Lewisville in hopes of buying a second car. I was looking at a 06+ Toyota RAV4. I was ready to purchase, had financing preapproved from my bank, had my research done of market value, etc.

Got to the dealership and was not impressed w/ the staff at all. The receptionist was slouching and seemed disinterested in helping. After paging one of the internet salesman, he came and seemed like he didn't want to be there. Said he had just woke up and seemed late for work. I took the car for a test drive and he could barely hold a conversation and his cologne reeked of overapplication.

We got back to the dealership and the negotation began. Car was listed at $21,900. I lowballed with an opening offer of $18,500, and backed that price up with print outs from ebay. Several vehicles matching the same description were sold for that price or less, so I felt justified in making that offer. Of course he disagreed and took it back to his manager. He came back w/ print outs stating that the car is actually worth more, bla bla bla...the negotiation went on a couple more times w/ him going back/forth. I had predecided that my max price to pay was $20k, so I gave him a "I'll be comfortable today with $19,800 and not any more." Each time he walked off, I would get up as well to go browse around.

His sales manager finally came back and right off the bat was in my face, very aggressive, telling me my pricing is way off, Edmunds way undervalues cars, asks me why I didn't buy the cars from eBay like I had printed out, tells me he is only making $100 off the price they have it listed at, etc. So basically I tell him, this is what I'm willing to pay, I'm in no rush to purchase, so when I find one for the price I want then that's who gets my money. He scoffs at me, so I said if you're not willing to talk this out I have no further need to be here. So I walked...

I understood the whole negotiation/sales tactics, but if the guy was just a bit nicer and less aggressive I would have bought the car today from them. So the search continues...

I then went to Toyota of Plano, and everyone there was super friendly and very professional. Even though they didn't have the car I wanted, their sales staff was very nice.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol you wouldnt happen to mean toyota of louisville..in ky would you?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:35 PM
i.love.gold
nope, Lewisville, TX...is the Louisville dealership sucky as well?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Originally Posted by Moog
nope, Lewisville, TX...is the Louisville dealership sucky as well?
lol dont know never did business with them

Old 02-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

sorry about you misfortune with them..better luck next time

Old 02-24-2008, 12:03 AM
i.love.gold
All good...found another car from carmax that I might get. It's an 08, 2k miles only, and a Limited edition (top of line) with JBL speaker system for only like $1000 more than the one I looked at today.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
plano is good. we've bought cars there before and they're a professional bunch.

what's the name of that jackass manager over at lewisville so we be sure never to buy from his sorry tail again.

Trending Topics

Old 02-24-2008, 12:53 AM
i.love.gold
I totally forgot his name. The internet rep was JB Williams...younger guy. Taken from dallasimports:

I used to work at ToL. The entire staff is ****. When I got hired, I was one of two guys from my old dealership. We left Urban Nissan together, and got a job at ToL. Since we were experienced, and quite good at selling cars, they started us on a Saturday. I sold 4 units, the other guy sold 3. The following Monday, we went with everyone hailing us on the way into the sales meeting. We got in and noticed a large group of people at the back of the meeting room. It was the 44 other sales guys they had hired. This was in addition to the other 37 sales people on staff, a total of 81 sales people... By Thursday, the staff was back down to 39. Not a single person had been fired. The following Monday, I was back at my old dealership, as was the other guy. Smaller dealerships are always the way to go.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TOL really sucks, so does Toyota of Dallas... Try Jim McNatt in Denton, they seem very nice...

Old 02-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
...ugh, Lewisville...bad car dealerships, horrible football team

Old 02-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, thats pretty special, some people just don't like money, I'm assuming this wasn't your VIP build you were talking of doing...?

Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah the days of negeoitating for a car seem to have passed...

Since we're all bashing dealers......
When I was hunting for a new car, I went by Hiley Mazda in Hurst, they had a used STI that I wanted. They wouldn't budge $100, much less the $2 grand less I wanted to spend.

I even conidered a Saturn Sky, so I went by the local dealer. It was weird, there were no window stickers on the cars. So the chick calls a sales guy, he comes out. I tell him I want to test drive one. He starts in about 'we have to do a credit check first.' Thats weird, I thought... So I mentioned the window sitckers being missing. "They come like that from the factory." He insists. Thats weird I thought again... So we start talking pricing and he wanted like, 29 for a base model and 33 for a redline... It seemed high, and it was way over my price range so I said thanks and rolled out.
As I was leaving, I saw some guys doing 'make ready' to some Sky's so I mosied over and low and behold...... they had window sitckers.....!
And guess what, that fvcker was quoting me like $3-4k over sticker. I was fuming... I demanded to talk to a manager. He was in a meeting, and he was a sales manager anyway... Whatever... They're FN communists, what the hell happend to pure pricing and BBQs??? First and last time I go into a Saturn dealership. (besides, talk about poor build quality...eeesssh)

I've heard of similar issues where managers come out and get all hostile, like "how dare you ask less than sticker!". Fvck that guy.
Its good to spread the word about this kind of stuff... these guys shouldn't be allowed to act like that with no reprocussions.

Don't you wish you could warn people about you're exes the same way!?!

BTW, I bought my G from Carmax, and it was a good experience. +1 for carmax.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had no trouble getting invoice for my car... but the problem is not with the saturn dealer for being a saturn dealer, it is illegal not to have a window sticker posted in a car, threaten to complain to the BBB, and you will get a window sticker, believe it or not Saturn in Lewisville is very good,

Old 02-24-2008, 08:50 PM
i.love.gold
I found two cars from carmax that I wanted, but they got sold by the time I called them. They're pretty reasonably priced from what I can see.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by princealyy
I had no trouble getting invoice for my car... but the problem is not with the saturn dealer for being a saturn dealer, it is illegal not to have a window sticker posted in a car, threaten to complain to the BBB, and you will get a window sticker, believe it or not Saturn in Lewisville is very good,
This was Saturn of Arlington.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Toyota of Lewisville - no good!