Who has a spill-free funnel I can borrow?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who has a spill-free funnel I can borrow?

I just ordered one:

http://www.hechinger.com/web/catalog...tive%20Product

Unfortunately it won't arrive before track day on the 17th, and I would like to purge my cooling system of air before I go. I know one of you track junkies has one! If not, what do you guys do to purge your system of air without using a spill free funnel in the radiator fill hole and running the car to operating temps then reving her up till all the air bubbles out?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The link you posted says "This item is currently out of stock and unavailable for sale at this time."

I'm planning to have my coolant flushed at my local Valvoline so they will bleed all the air out. But I'm sure you could pick something up at Autozone that connects to the radiator cap and will help bleed the air out no?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
couldn't find this type if spill free funnel last time I checked, that has the stoppers etc.

So you usually just take your car to your local Valvoline for a flush and they do a good job of bleeding out all the air? How much does it cost?

Old 05-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The last time I changed out my coolant was a year ago right before my track session at MSR. I only did a simple drain/fill of the radiator. I did have some air in the system for the first couple days after ... I went to a local Firestone where they had one of those attachments that bleeds the air out.

My local Valvoline does the flush for $69.99, I had already bought the DIY flush kit from Autozone but have since decided against it as I don't want to insert the "T" fitting in the heater hose.

I'm also having Valvoline do a drain/fill on my transmission and differential ($19.99 ea) with me bringing in my own Amsoil MT fluid and diff fluid.

Doing all this tomorrow morning and then it's on to the brakes! My powerslot cryo treated rotors came in today and I got my Project Mu pads a few days ago. I had also picked up a Motive pressure bleeder to bleed all 4 calipers after replacing the rotors with some ATE Super Blue fluid. I should be all ready for Saturday, hopefully we have a chance to do more than some slow lead-follow laps!