Antares Atop Reunion Tower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antares Atop Reunion Tower

Has anybody been to Antares Atop Reunion Tower after the renovation? Did it get better than it was before?

Old 10-08-2009, 02:47 PM
It has actually changed to 560 by Wolfgang Puck. Ive been...my summary is...good place to try once, but probably wont go back.

I gave this review on another forum:
My Experience: They have their own Valets that charged $5 (instead of going through the hotel). The restaurant staff however, left more to be desired. At the lower lever we are greeted by two random ladies with no markings or signs that they are with the restaurant. The one closest didn’t introduced herself and we exchange an uncomfortable stare, then I asked, “are yall with the restaurant?” To that she asked if we have reservations and pointed us to the elevator. Then reaching the restaurant level…interesting enough the hostess there too didn’t greet us properly and had a blank stare.

Well we finally get seated. A small two seat table (like every other table in our section)…with two tiny white chairs that resemble bar stools. That’s right, no back support for a 1+ hour meal. Plus, I received a kick every time my wife tried to reposition herself.

But man the view was awesome (just like Antaries).

The atmosphere is interesting…it is VERY loud (bar like)…and there were people in there from jeans to prom dresses. They completely redid the interior (does not resemble Antaries in any way)…it is a lot more modern. With the loud noise, I couldn’t hold a conversation with my wife. We had two waiters…one you could barely hear, and the other that was very loud and opinionated.

However, the meal was good. Everything has an Asian flare. We started with the Lettuce Cups, and then I had a Halibut plate, while my wife enjoyed a seafood medley. All the plates were sweet and spicy at the same time. And for dessert, we shared the Banana Cream Pie. (price ~$50 per person).

Honestly, outside of the staff, if the seats and table were more comfortable, I would have rated this a little higher. But it was hard to enjoy the good food when your back was hurting.

Since this is a “new” restaurant, I'm sure things will get better with time. Hopefully they can make it that long in this economy.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the elaborate answer, timsam! I gave them a call and it turns out they are closed on Sunday. I wanted to get a table on coming Sunday for our anniversary. Well, we might go there some day just for the view but with the review you gave them we may prefer a decent restaurant in our area instead.