[DFW] What have you done to your G Today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:06 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm driving down the street, listening to my iPod while going back to work from a dentist appointment. The sound cuts out so I'm like wtf did my Ipod just run out of juice? I look at it and it's still on and playing. Then I proceed to hear several clicks and pops, so I turn off my radio and turn it back on. Couple more pops. Crap it's my amp, maybe a blown fuse. Then I immediately begin to smell smoke. Haul **** off the George Bush tollway and pull over. Pop the trunk and smoke billows out, and it smells like an electrical fire. I freak out and immediately shut off the car, pop the hood and disconnect the battery. Strange b/c none of the fuses blew, but it seems like something internal to the amp like a capacitor or something blew up. Scared the crap out of me.

No tunes now...oh well, at least my amp was free.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy Crap that sucks! Was any of your carpet burned?

Old 03-30-2010, 04:10 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
^^jeeze man... Glad my boy's alright..

Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by domenic
I was hoping to make the Garland meet tonight, so I did my semi-annual Meguiars SwirlX job, all the while cursing and scolding myself and questioning why I bought a black car since every damn swirl mark and scratch shows.

Then once I was done and saw my car shining again, I remembered why my last 4 cars have all been black.
i know EXACTLY what you mean man...after a full Zaino treatment the OB just makes me want to pass out from sheer amazement. it makes my hours of labor completely worth it!

Old 03-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by waijai
I'm driving down the street, listening to my iPod while going back to work from a dentist appointment. The sound cuts out so I'm like wtf did my Ipod just run out of juice? I look at it and it's still on and playing. Then I proceed to hear several clicks and pops, so I turn off my radio and turn it back on. Couple more pops. Crap it's my amp, maybe a blown fuse. Then I immediately begin to smell smoke. Haul **** off the George Bush tollway and pull over. Pop the trunk and smoke billows out, and it smells like an electrical fire. I freak out and immediately shut off the car, pop the hood and disconnect the battery. Strange b/c none of the fuses blew, but it seems like something internal to the amp like a capacitor or something blew up. Scared the crap out of me.

No tunes now...oh well, at least my amp was free.
holy crap man...i'm glad you're ok! i'll bet you flew off of GB like a bat out of hell...that woulda scared the bejeezus out of me.

was there any damage in the trunk?

Old 03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah I cut a few people off, no damage besides the amp and smoke permeated throughout the cabin. It'll probably stink for a week or two.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts
Dropped the car off at the shop...getting the air suspension installed.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 PM
New rear tires and new air filter. Feelin good

Old 03-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
attempted some rolling shots last night. first time btw. lemme know what ya think!
https://g35driver.com/forums/members...rollinggg.html

Old 03-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by almost3flips
New rear tires and new air filter. Feelin good
nice, what kind of tires did you put on?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by vietboi817
attempted some rolling shots last night. first time btw. lemme know what ya think!
https://g35driver.com/forums/members...rollinggg.html
I'd say commendable for a first try.. Next time try to watch the white balance (I know it's hard w/ flourescent street lights, they're so orange), and shoot at a higher ISO.. Increasing the ISO will allow him to shoot at faster shutter speeds (freezing the car) and will also allow your friend to hand hold the shots steadier and not get camera shake.

Night shots are always gonna be tricky, if he's just starting out, definitely try shooting as the sun is going down, not when it's already down.. Less light is going to already be hard on the lens. That's already a strike against you. Also at night, w/ your lights on, you're going to get all kinds of lens flares.

Do you know what type of lens he was using? (mainly care about the aperture)

Today I successfully performed a Grounding Kit Transplant from Mystique to Trix's ride.. We're monitoring vitals now but everything seems to be working nicely.. We can consider it a successful operation.

Last edited by twalls; 03-31-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Just went with the Falken 432's. Cheapest from Discount Tire and I was getting the white thread thing on my old tires...lol

Old 03-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
lol is trix ungrounded.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Bent one of my rear rims on my way home...yay...i love my car so much...why does it treat me this way?

Old 03-31-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by twalls
I'd say commendable for a first try.. Next time try to watch the white balance (I know it's hard w/ flourescent street lights, they're so orange), and shoot at a higher ISO.. Increasing the ISO will allow him to shoot at faster shutter speeds (freezing the car) and will also allow your friend to hand hold the shots steadier and not get camera shake.

Night shots are always gonna be tricky, if he's just starting out, definitely try shooting as the sun is going down, not when it's already down.. Less light is going to already be hard on the lens. That's already a strike against you. Also at night, w/ your lights on, you're going to get all kinds of lens flares.

Do you know what type of lens he was using? (mainly care about the aperture)

Today I successfully performed a Grounding Kit Transplant from Mystique to Trix's ride.. We're monitoring vitals now but everything seems to be working nicely.. We can consider it a successful operation.

Listen to Tony he knows his shiz!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: [DFW] What have you done to your G Today?