Scheduled Maintenance Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scheduled Maintenance Questions

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions about scheduled maintenance. I own a 2006 G35 that I recently purchased from a dealership. It is due for its 45k servicing. This Nissan dealership (where I bought it) wants $699 for the 45k service. A local Infiniti dealership wants $500 w/o fluids or $750 with fluids. Another closer Nissan dealership seemed a little vague but said approximately $250. My car is still under factory warranty through the end of September 2010.

Questions:

1) Does maintenance or lack of affect warranty? For example, if one just has the oil changed regularly would the warranty be voided?

2) Can scheduled maintenance be done anywhere? Any dealership? Or other locations? The Inifiniti dealer had a master record of some sort that showed the car had not had its 30k maintenance.

3) Any recommendations on servicing in the Fort Worth area?

Thanks

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
My warranty is gone - has been - Ive ALWAYS done my own "scheduled service". It will certainly NOT void warranty if you DONT do it at the stealership. You can get that service done at any shop as long you keep a record of what was done - IE: reciept..

in ft worth area - no recommendations. so Im sure someone in that area will chime in.

LMAO @ $699-$750 - hahahahaha

Old 05-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks Jake. I thought the prices seemed a little over-the-top. But what do I know? Eh. I only know I'm not rich and $500-$750 is a lot of money.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
^^^indeed - the 45K maintenance should be on your owners manual - everything you need "done" is included - my vote is do the $250 price -

OR you can go to someone that has done this service before and even get a cheaper price - but you have to get the fluids. sup to you - either way - you will save a GANG load of $$..which you can use later for beer, or whatever..

Old 05-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Check with Steve over at Kan Tuning. He's in North Fort Worth, and personally owns a pimped out '05 G35 Coupe.

Kan Tuning
10011 Harmon Rd. Suite #135
Fort Worth, Tx 76177

Phone # is (817) 683-5715

I would also recommend him for any tuning that any one needs done and is in the Fort Worth Area. Dude is sick. Majorly known Nationally for Rotory engines, and boosted applications. Also has an AWD Mustang Dyno on site. Tell him Jason sent you.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks Jason!

Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so wat is needed for the 45k service?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't have the list in front of me but it is a pretty significant amount of things that they check and replace from filters to wiper blades to oil change to checking brakes and tires and transmission and many more.

Mine started off at a low end of $497 (without fluids) and ended up at almost $1000 because they said the belts needed to be replaced along with filters and differential fluid replacement and several other things. This was at the Infiniti dealership. I have opted, at the suggestion of a friend who has owned Infiniti's for years, to go to the local Nissan dealership and see if I can have the service done cheaper. I'll let you know

Old 05-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by E-BAN
so wat is needed for the 45k service?
Esteban - get all the fluids and bring your car over when your ready - or I can send you everything thats involved. I will do it all for a bill and some beer. No need to spend the extra funds on "LABOR" BS..

Old 05-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by acidjake75
Esteban - get all the fluids and bring your car over when your ready - or I can send you everything thats involved. I will do it all for a bill and some beer. No need to spend the extra funds on "LABOR" BS..
Wow, now that's a good friend

Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 AM
^^ your still under warranty and you will need receipts and what not so that your warranty doesn't get "voided". For those who DON'T have warranty - why bother still paying all that labor? Especially when we have peops like R1 or me or really ANY DIY'R with a garage and the know how and the tools to do the work. Everyone wins, owner knows the work being done (knowing what fluids are ACTUALLY getting replaced, parts, etc) and has the peace of mind of WATCHING the work get done.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm in "watch and learn" mode. let me on the next wrench turning session

Old 05-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by luke
all i can say is dont go to a stealership to get work done that isnt warrenty stuff. have jake do it lol!
Haha - man Jake, as soon as my warranty runs out I may be giving you a call.

And yeah I HATE going to dealerships. I won't mention the place (publicly) where I bought mine (Nissan Dealer) but they wanted $699 for 45k service which is just as high as Infiniti dealer. Plus I have not really liked anything about the way they do business. I bought the car just a few thousand miles ago from there and they supposedly checked it out and serviced it then. If thats the case then either they lied or the Infiniti place is lying now about what needs to be replaced. If I had to guess I would say the Nissan dealer didn't do squat. So yeah, I would NEVER recommend anyone buy from this particular one.

FWIW, I am doing to a DIFFERENT Nissan dealership where a friend has had good experiences. We shall see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scheduled Maintenance Questions