Got my Promaster strobes yesterday.. IT'S ON

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 02:01 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Got my Promaster strobes yesterday.. IT'S ON

Since I've started shooting w/ flash, ambient light shoots just don't cut it for me personally anymore. Control of light ALWAYS helps, whether it's adding more light, or removing it in certain areas for creativity..

So I decided to pull the trigger yesterday and got my promaster strobes for my portrait and automotive shoots yesterday..

Got the 300c deluxe 2 light kit.. Will also still be using my 2 speedlights for accessory flash if necessary as well..

http://www.promaster.com/products/pr...p?product=9191

Also ordered my Cybersyncs remote triggers as well..

Transmitter

Receivers

Can't wait to get my car ready and go to town.. R1, I hope you're getting your own car ready amist everyone else's.. I owe you a shoot..

I'll definitely be opening up the services for anyone else that is wanting a serious shoot of their car.. Just shoot me a PM for pricing. Different packages will be available (including rolling and rig shots), don't worry I won't take "too much" of your mod money and getting good progression shots are just as good as the final stage, so don't be hesitant if your car doesn't have EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD on it yet, we can do multiple shoots, I'll even give discounts for repeat customers.

This will also serve as a means to get a custom shirt done w/ one of the shots of your car as well.. (I know some are interested in one off shirts, I'll be getting these done locally.. Don't know if you knew or not, but AT Malone is a professional print screener by trade. He works in Allen. I visited his facilities yesterday to pick up my little league soccer team's jerseys that I had him print.. They came out EXCELLENT.)

I'll let R1's and the shots of my car I take in the near future serve as examples of my shots if you haven't seen my photography before.. I not only shoot, but do creative photoshopping as well if commissioned. (My avatar is an example of one of my rig shots..)

Stay tuned..

Old 09-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Very awesome man!! I just started doing photography last December.. Bought me the entry level Canon DSLR 12megapixels.. I will def be hitting you up for some shots especially those rig shots. Super dope and congrats!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:24 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
sounds great man.. I love helping other photographers out as well... so feel free to come to me w/ any questions you might have about using your own camera, and photography in general as well. I've been shooting for a while and have picked up a few things, some real time savers.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
I'm tryin tony. Hopefully real soon. My customers come first. I try to squeeze in a lil me time when I can. Can't wait to see ur mad skills wit exhisting and added lighting.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm still scouting potential places for you to shoot T! Once I get things fixed up by Stephen we will go out and you can finally do a real shoot of mine....finally!

Old 09-12-2010, 11:39 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your work with these bad boys! Congrats on the purchase.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
in for pics. Congratz Tony!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome! i'm just an amateur photographer but I wish i knew how to use such equipment!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:55 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by r1forever80
I'm tryin tony. Hopefully real soon. My customers come first. I try to squeeze in a lil me time when I can. Can't wait to see ur mad skills wit exhisting and added lighting.
Yet another testiment to your non-ending dedication to your patrons.. There's no time limit on the offer bro.. I got you.. It just gives me more opportunity to think about how I want to capture your "chameleon".. I think your car is undergoing as many changes as mine.

Originally Posted by VicariousVision
I'm still scouting potential places for you to shoot T! Once I get things fixed up by Stephen we will go out and you can finally do a real shoot of mine....finally!
Don't worry man.. I'll have some prime locations scouted as well.. I can't wait to see what all you get done, but like I said, the journey is also awesome to document..

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Looking forward to seeing your work with these bad boys! Congrats on the purchase.
I'm gonna make you put everything down and shoot w/ those Bees.. Hehehehehehehe.. That's my goal. But you just got your stickers, so I know you're hyped to get some more shoots done so all the sick cars are rocking your logos.. They look excellent by the way.. Inspiration to do my own actually..

Originally Posted by TrixR4kidz
in for pics. Congratz Tony!
I'm actually entertaining the idea of doing an online blog type "magazine" to highlight the cars that I shoot as well.. I think the DFW scene as far as Gs is growing by the second (especially w/ Strafe's help) and I think that it really needs to be showcased properly. I think it'd be kewl to get some shots of your ART pipes and what not..

Originally Posted by neight
awesome! i'm just an amateur photographer but I wish i knew how to use such equipment!
I actually envy you being as close as you are to folks like Calvin and Marcus (still closer than me)... You have a huge support system out there in Cali, but if you wanna throw any questions my way, I can definitely help you out over PMs, texts (pm me for my cell) or emails or whatever man..

Last edited by twalls; 09-12-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 AM
...we dont need roads...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice equipment!!

Old 09-13-2010, 01:52 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
yupper.. you're gonna have to let me shoot your baby.. definitely.. If I do this mag concept, I definitely wanna feature your ride as well.. Can't wait to see your new setup in person at XDC.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by twalls

I'm actually entertaining the idea of doing an online blog type "magazine" to highlight the cars that I shoot as well.. I think the DFW scene as far as Gs is growing by the second (especially w/ Strafe's help) and I think that it really needs to be showcased properly. I think it'd be kewl to get some shots of your ART pipes and what not..

Im down for that!

Old 09-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Lots of photographers in DFW now, who has the best shots for the least $$$???

Waijai
Ricerocket / LaydeeZ
Twalls

You know I'm gonna need another photo shoot with the new exterior mods! Have yet to have any rolling shots too!

Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
and leave it up to JD to do "lady" recruitment...in case anyone wants to add gurls to their pix w/ their rides...

Old 09-13-2010, 02:04 PM
JD, idk if its safe to be around Tonys equipment.. No offense, but your voodoo might leave a nasty curse.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my Promaster strobes yesterday.. IT'S ON