Project 7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
At this point, the individuals that showed up at XDC are considered the foundation of this new team. In addition, I would think that Smurf AD, TrixR4Kidz, Ninja1, schild, ezpotatos and AcidJake are also necessary components of this team, whether they were at that event or not.

The DFW G 35 Club will always exist. What we are trying to do here is create a "team", which is fundamentally different than a club. The team will not be limited to just those individuals that have G35s, which helps the team evolve over time into something much more amazing in the long run.

We are not creating a team to be elitists, but right now, we want to start with core members that all consider each other friends and bring things to the table that can ultimately push the team forward.

Over time, additional members will be added when it seems right. This is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings or make anyone feel excluded, but this is just how teams are created. You can't have members of a team that are not a perfect fit. We could use some members committed to Show, Race, Drift, Drag and all other categories..

Moving forward, the following things need to be accomplished for this new team specifically:

1.) Creation of a forum for our team, which will allow us to make decisions and discuss issues that don't involve everyone else in this club.
2.) Deciding on a "leader" for this team specifically that will help us make tough decisions and facilitate meetings, events, and other things we should do as a group.
3.) Creation of a PayPal account that can be used for collection of annual fees (once we decide what amount is appropriate for what we need to accomplish), and can be then used for donations, marketing materials, and other events for charities, etc.

Once again, this is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings, and if I am out of place with these comments and opinions, feel free to shoot me down. I am just trying to get this thread back under control and point us in the right direction to begin making these decisions and creating our new team.

Last edited by hound; 10-24-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:29 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by hound138
At this point, the individuals that showed up at XDC are considered the foundation of this new team. In addition, I would think that Smurf AD, TrixR4Kidz, Ninja1, schild, and AcidJake are also necessary components of this team, whether they were at that event or not.

The DFW G 35 Club will always exist. What we are trying to do here is create a "team", which is fundamentally different than a club. The team will not be limited to just those individuals that have G35s, which helps the team evolve over time into something much more amazing in the long run.

We are not creating a team to be elitists, but right now, we want to start with core members that all consider each other friends and bring things to the table that can ultimately push the team forward.

Over time, additional members will be added when it seems right. This is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings or make anyone feel excluded, but this is just how teams are created. You can't have members of a team that are not a perfect fit. We could use some members committed to Show, Race, Drift, Drag and all other categories..

Moving forward, the following things need to be accomplished for this new team specifically:

1.) Creation of a forum for our team, which will allow us to make decisions and discuss issues that don't involve everyone else in this club.
2.) Deciding on a "leader" for this team specifically that will help us make tough decisions and facilitate meetings, events, and other things we should do as a group.
3.) Creation of a PayPal account that can be used for collection of annual fees (once we decide what amount is appropriate for what we need to accomplish), and can be then used for donations, marketing materials, and other events for charities, etc.

Once again, this is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings, and if I am out of place with these comments and opinions, feel free to shoot me down. I am just trying to get this thread back under control and point us in the right direction to begin making these decisions and creating our new team.
Well said Jon!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
i agree with what you put, but these conversations started at the DI Palooza mainly. And there was a couple people there that talked about it there that werent at XDC. I'm not saying this just cause I WANT TO FEEL important, but wanna make sure people's input is heard, not just cause they have the most amount of mods, but because they have something to contribute. theres a bias on this site towards people that have the most amount of mods as leaders for stuff, but we have to be somewhat intelligent when it comes to creating a "leader"... is there any way we can just have ONE leader or will it just have to be a group or a couple guys?

Old 10-24-2010, 12:33 PM
another words, lets set up a meet and location for this conversation this week.... i can throw out a time and location, but more than likely, everyone's gonna have to have some input on this.

what nights are people free that would wanna meet? is it even worth meeting?

so lets say, tue night, in addison somewhere. it's close to plano/frisco/dallas/etc. or we could do grapevine for those of you on the other side of town that want to meet up.

we can do a small dinner or something. or am i just crazy to think of this as a possibility?

Old 10-24-2010, 12:34 PM
haha no i wasnt fishing for that man, i jhonestly left right as we started talking about that stuff, no worries. i just wanna make sure there is good representation for the people that are really passionate abotu this vs people who just want to feel cool haha

Old 10-24-2010, 12:36 PM
no, no.. i didn't take it as that..

Old 10-24-2010, 12:37 PM
traditionally, i havent said much when it comes to stuff like this, cause i'm not huge into seperating people, thjat's why i dont particularily like car clubs, but if we're gonna do this, we need to set a good example and not make people feel alienated from the G35 scene in dallas cause they cant hang with "project 7".. there are times I even feel alienated and i've got a fairly moded g... just dont like giving good people that feeling and creating that divide. but i understand the need to have some guidelines.

Plus this will help people get motivated to do tasteful mods and help provide thr support they need.

the g35 movement in dfw is getting stronger as we all have been seeing each other often and supporting each other in modding, maintenance, etc... it is def nice to see this kinda stuff going on.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ezpotato
another words, lets set up a meet and location for this conversation this week.... i can throw out a time and location, but more than likely, everyone's gonna have to have some input on this.

what nights are people free that would wanna meet? is it even worth meeting?

so lets say, tue night, in addison somewhere. it's close to plano/frisco/dallas/etc. or we could do grapevine for those of you on the other side of town that want to meet up.

we can do a small dinner or something. or am i just crazy to think of this as a possibility?
I'm down for Tuesday, any objections?

Referring to Hound's list, which looks good, who can be our forums techie and get that set up so this team can have a home?

Old 10-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by hound138
This is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings or make anyone feel excluded, but this is just how teams are created.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Smurf AD
who can be our forums techie and get that set up so this team can have a home?
Lets save it for the round table..

Old 10-24-2010, 12:42 PM
oooookay

Old 10-24-2010, 12:45 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
yes round table I know Jack has the abilitiy to source the website if needed.....I knwo we have alot of IT personel on this forum.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Old 10-24-2010, 12:49 PM
round table; any objections to tuesday night?

Edit: i'm always one step behind Ez

Old 10-24-2010, 12:57 PM
haha nah man you're good. i'm just gonna take a little more initiative on this one, we need to get organized before IFO a little.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project 7