Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the M3.. Muahahahaha!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
S/c the g and buy me one too. Lol

Old 03-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you buy the S/C for me it will make my decision easier. Even better, I will split the cost with you.

I'll contribute to your fund if you can do some work for me soon. I am on the road for the next 3 weeks. Do you think you can do some minor work on my car anywhere in there? PM or text me if you want.....

Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts
Ok, I think I can help this situation. You have talked about switching to the BMW and Audi family for years. I think you mentioned it before the last two car purchases. You were determined before you got this G. So, what kept you in the Nissan family all along? Whatever that reasoning was then, I'd be curious what that was to address that issue

Old 03-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by BlueBOB
Ok, I think I can help this situation. You have talked about switching to the BMW and Audi family for years. I think you mentioned it before the last two car purchases. You were determined before you got this G. So, what kept you in the Nissan family all along? Whatever that reasoning was then, I'd be curious what that was to address that issue
I had a feeling you would ask me something like this. I love the G, and you know I have always been a Nissan guy as long as you have known me. As you pointed out, I have long wanted a BMW. A few years ago when I got the G37 it came down to two things. Money and availability. I looked for a BMW that I thought was a good deal for probably 2 months, and I got to the point where I had to get a car and I could not find a BMW I was in love with. At the same time, I managed to find a good deal on a brand new G37. At the time the G37 made more sense, and I am glad I went that route.

You also probably know that after about 2-3 years of owning a car, I am ready for a change (whether it is more mods or a new car). I am pretty much at that point. I have done everything I really wanted to do to the car, and I have really enjoyed it for the past 2+ years.

In the past 2 years two things have changed for me from a financial standpoint that would allow me to spend a little more on a car. One, my wife is finally out of school and teaching full time, so that helps a lot. She had very little income over the past 5 years. I also had a few other things happen that have allowed me to save some money since I bought the G (work has been good, investments have done well, and you and I have talked about some of what happened with my involvement in the family Ford dealerships). Anyway, I am at a point where I am debt free to the point I want to be (no credit card debt, etc.), I have the money saved to be completely ok if something comes up in life, and I am comfortable with what I have invested for both the short and long term. I probably sound like a douche saying all this, but I have done all the things they tell you to do and I am finally in a spot where I can feel OK about either adding FI to my car (something I have always wanted to do, but I was realistic that it takes more money than I really had) or buying a $45K-$50k car I have always wanted.

Believe it or not, my parents raised me to be the cheapest person in the world when it comes to cars, and it is hard to talk myself into purchasing a car that cost that much no matter what my situation is. My mom would think I am crazy if I asked her. My parents never spent more than $3000 on a car, and my dad rode his bike to work everyday for pretty much his entire life. There is just a common sense side of me that needs to be talked into spending the money.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Greddy twins with massive psi. just imagine a sedan rollin up spitting serious blow-off. That would be so full of win that it would be a boner on wheels.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by jran76
I had a feeling you would ask me something like this.
Known each other for quite some time now.

And your last statement is ironic considering your family OWNED a dealership haha. My personal take on any car purchase that I make is all about unique. The Nissan family is getting more popular and there are many mod options out there for all the cars. The same is true for the BMW family. However, I would argue a boosted G37 sedan would be far more unique than an M3 no matter how you mod it.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
^ BAM, thank BOB

Old 03-09-2011, 01:22 PM
After reading everything josh, I think I'm gonna triple my rates just for u. Lol boost the g so I can see it done and mayb drive it

Old 03-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by BlueBOB
And your last statement is ironic considering your family OWNED a dealership haha. My personal take on any car purchase that I make is all about unique. The Nissan family is getting more popular and there are many mod options out there for all the cars. The same is true for the BMW family. However, I would argue a boosted G37 sedan would be far more unique than an M3 no matter how you mod it.
My parents had nothing to do with the Ford dealerships while I was growing up. My dad worked for the city as a draftsman and my mom worked for non-profit. I am not going to say we were poor, but we were normal middle class people (that cared nothing about cars). I got sucked into the whole Ford mess after my dad and grandfather had both passed away. My dad and grandfather had a falling out over the dealership when my dad was young, and my dad refused to have anything to do with it (and didn't up to the day he died). He was a musician and wanted nothing to do with running a business, and my grandfather wanted his oldest son to run the business.

My passion for cars definitely comes from my grandfather. He loved old Mustangs, and was a Ford guy through and through. They stated selling Ford's in 1908. My parents have pretty much told me they think I am nuts for spending the kind of money I do on cars, but at the same time I am fully grown, they trust me, and they haven't given me a dime since I got of school 12 years ago.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Amen brotha! No one in my family is into cars, so I'm always getting that confused look as to why I do things to my cars, but in the same light, I pay for it all and don't need their money, so they don't say much.

My grandfather is a Ford guy as well, but even he finally ventured away by buying a Rav4 for my grandmother. We all thought he had gotten hit in the head, but he just didn't feel Ford had anything in the same range worth a darn. Though I've been in the comparable Ford, I'd probably pick the Toyota over it as well.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
As we have discussed, I really like the new 5.0 Mustang, but I just don't think I want that as my only car. My first couple of cars were Ford's, and I was really turned off by them at the time. They were crap in the early 90's when I started driving.

My grandfather hated Japanese cars because he was a Navy pilot in WWII. I can't even repeat some of the things he said about my affinity for Japanese cars. He did end up selling Subaru's, and he said the worst business decision he made was telling Honda to F*ck off in 1980 when they begged him to sell Honda's. Later in life he seemed to ease up, and we even went and looked at BMW's here in Dallas a few years ago before he passed away (in his words, he wanted to see how the other side was even though he had some ill-feeling towards the Germans also because of WWII).

Old 03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by r1forever80
After reading everything josh, I think I'm gonna triple my rates just for u. Lol boost the g so I can see it done and mayb drive it
I would probably do it myself, and there is some chance the car would never run again....

Old 03-09-2011, 03:09 PM
I didn't say I wanted to install it, I wanna read u the instructions while u turn the wrenchs. Lol I would always volunteer to help u josh. Doet noaw

Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
pay your car off

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feedback on Future Car Plans